1947 Farmall Cub project

cjet69

Tractorologist
This is the tractor that will receive the combine engine from this thread: Whats hidden in the Blackberries? | Tractor Fanatics

After being on mothballs for a couple years I am getting the bug to work on this again. When I say bug, I mean my brothers grandson is bugging both me and my brother to get a cub running. He is 10 yrs. and wants to step up from the GT he has been driving so I rolled it out where we can get at it. The little guy says he wants to work on it and I'm thinking he can start with a pressure washing. Then we will make a list of what we will need to get it drivable. This will be a slow-moving project (nothing new for my projects) since our project time will be limited from other priorities.

GOPR2369-m.JPGGOPR2371-m.JPGGOPR2372-m.JPG

This is the tractor that will receive the combine engine from this thread: Whats hidden in the Blackberries? | Tractor Fanatics
That brings back a few memories. The only things I have left from my 1948 Cub is an extra seat we used for parades, front wheel weights and an oil filter cartridge. the seat is on my Frankenstein G.T. and the weights are on the 782 Cub Cadet.
Good Luck on the restro. It will be good to keep him interested. :thumbs:

Broke out the hot wrench to loosen the seat and platform bolts. The heads of the bolts were really bad, so I drove a smaller size socket on the seat bolts and ground flats and used vice grips on the platform bolts. Got them all out. I cleaned and taped off all of the openings in the engine and trans and the little guy did some pressure washing. I think it's ready to start taking things apart. The little guy should like the wrenching part.

GOPR2381-m.JPGGOPR2382-m.JPGGOPR2383-m.JPGGOPR2384-m.JPGGOPR2385-m.JPGGOPR2386-m.JPGGOPR2387-m.JPG

Demounted the first tire and found a rusty rim. Pounded it with a hammer to knock the heavy scale off and ran a wire brush over it to see what's left. I think I can save it so I will run it thru the Electrolysis tank and then sandblast. We will see what they are like at that point.

GOPR2405-m.JPGGOPR2406-m.JPGGOPR2407-m.JPGGOPR2408-m.JPGGOPR2409-m.JPG

I ran one front and one rear wheel through the E-tank. They still need wire brushing and sandblasting. The fronts on the '47 cub are in rough shape from dirt and who knows what stuck between the wheels and wheel weights. The one rear from the '51 cub looks salvageable. I have a second rear wheel cooking in the E-tank that's ready to come out for clean up.

100_4236-m.JPG100_4237-m.JPG100_4238-m.JPG100_4246-m.JPG100_4247-m.JPG100_4239-m.JPG100_4240-m.JPG100_4241-m.JPG

Back