1977 Corvette

That car had been hit pretty had. Wasn't real old at the time so I can see where your grandfathers desire to fix it. Not for the faint of heart though...
Cool to see pictures though the transformation...

Also...does he still have it ?

My first real job was in a body shop. It's the experiences from then that helped me get June Bug back together.
I knew after a year that I wasn't going to be making my living as a fender bender. Still fun as a hobby though.
Your grandpa took on a real project there and it looks to have turned out nicely. Only took working on one of those to realize that I don't get along good with fiberglass.

That car had been hit pretty had. Wasn't real old at the time so I can see where your grandfathers desire to fix it. Not for the faint of heart though...
Cool to see pictures though the transformation...

Also...does he still have it ?
He loved big projects like this. Things that most other people wouldn’t even attempt to fix. He sold it around 04 or 05. I was just barely old enough to remember it. I wish he kept it.
I wonder how much he saved by going that route.
Not sure. I think it was more about the project than the money, but I’m sure he saved something. Probably 90% of the vehicles he bought in his life needed some kind of work.
Nice sequence of progress pictures on the rebuild of that Vette, Cub! Thanks for the pictures!

DAC
Your welcome. I may have some more old car pictures soon too.
My first real job was in a body shop. It's the experiences from then that helped me get June Bug back together.
I knew after a year that I wasn't going to be making my living as a fender bender. Still fun as a hobby though.
Your grandpa took on a real project there and it looks to have turned out nicely. Only took working on one of those to realize that I don't get along good with fiberglass.
He started doing bodywork when he was in highschool, so probably late 40s. Worked in a couple shops and dealers, then opened his own in 1971, which now my dad owns, and I work for him. I like it, but can understand why you wouldn’t want to do it for a living.

Back