Wanted 8 HP Briggs and Stratton Vertical Shaft

Traill95

Rossville, Illinois
I am looking for an 8hp Vertical shaft Briggs and Stratton engine with electric start. I have a John Deere 100 and that is what is supposed to be on it. It would be nice to find the original engine with the gas tank still mounted on top of it. I traded for this tractor but it came without an engine. I am trying to keep the engine compartment and the hood as original as I can.

I just fixed the one in my JD 68. Thought it was locked up. It was the upper end of the crank just below the flywheel. Lack of lube had galled the crank at the aluminum bushing. Cleaned that up and put new seals and pan gasket on it and it's running great! What's wrong with yours?

I am looking for an 8hp Vertical shaft Briggs and Stratton engine with electric start. I have a John Deere 100 and that is what is supposed to be on it. It would be nice to find the original engine with the gas tank still mounted on top of it. I traded for this tractor but it came without an engine. I am trying to keep the engine compartment and the hood as original as I can.

We have one of this engines, here in Northern Ireland. The gas tank is mounted to the side of the engine

I just fixed the one in my JD 68. Thought it was locked up. It was the upper end of the crank just below the flywheel. Lack of lube had galled the crank at the aluminum bushing. Cleaned that up and put new seals and pan gasket on it and it's running great! What's wrong with yours?

I need a new needle and seat for mine, any idea of a part number?

The mower came without a motor.

Back