A antigue car truck you wish you had bought.

alleyyooper

Tractorologist
I am talking some thing from the past like the common man could afford.
Shortly after leaving high school a fellow class mate ended up buying a 1965 Mercury Comet Caliente.
I still today think it is one of the most beautiful cars I have ever seen. His was a light gold 298 High Output hooked to a 4 speed trans.

After about 5 years of owner ship driving in the rain the car hydro planed and hit a huge unmoveing Oak tree. That car sat in the field behind his folks house for some time. In 1973 My brother was building a old style Ford Bronco and got the engine, it pushed the Bronco arounf pretty well. Brother got a offer he couldn't turn down on the Bronco and sold it. That guy also hrydro planed the Bronco and rolled it tearing rhe body up really bad. He kept the engine and parted out the rest.

I have attened a lot of antique car shows over the last few years and you just do not see them either.
1597841878794.png

Al

This list for me would be too long to post, it wasn't just 1.
I feel the same way, but there's one that I really wanted during my last year of high school. I found a '56 Packard 400 two door hardtop that a local banker had. He was only asking $900 for it, but I didn't have enough to get it, and the job I had at the time only paid minimum wage of 2.35 an hour.
My dad wouldn't loan me the money, so sadly I had to pass on it. I was, and still am a Packard fan, although I've never had one to this day.
I've got my '56 Cadillac now though. Got it in '95 and I'll be buried in it. Hopefully one day I'll get lucky and get it done.
Rick

I remember one time during school I found a collection of cars in a field near town. There were probably 20 or more 40's, 50's and 60's. But the ones that caught my eye were the 2 early 50's Pontiac straight 8's. I had only seen pictures and heard tales from my dad about them until then.
Beautiful cars, even in the condition they were in. The good old days!
Now all you see is plastic turd boxes that won't last as long as the payment booklet.
Rick

Last edited:
Back