A couple of Planet Juniors

thom

Tractorologist
I have found these.Screenshot_20220126-113041~2.png
Both will be restored, hopefully. The older one, in the foreground, has had a wrong tank swapped on. It should be a round tank like the other one. I'm pretty sure the early ones were green with red wheels, while the rubber tired ones were green with yellow wheels. I have one similar to the rear one, except with metal handles and it is a 1954 model.

I made the trip and brought them home.IMG_20220205_144727062_HDR.jpgIMG_20220205_144419930_HDR.jpg
The engine, a NPR6 Briggs, on the rubber tired one, turns and seems to have compression. The serial number dates it to October 1948.
The older one is stuck and appears to be a Briggs model WI. The number plate is missing. The carb on it is broken.

IMG_20220205_171526489.jpg

I will try repairing it with JB Weld or replace it if I can find one. I want to get both running before I disassemble for restoration.

I removed the head on the one with steel wheels and soaked the cylinder & piston. It turns now and the cylinder looks good. The new handles I found at my favorite local hardware store.IMG_20220207_175032991_HDR.jpg
I'll treat them with the boiled linseed oil. The metal parts are going to be powder coated.

All the metal parts of the steel wheeled one will be going in my electrolysis tank this week. I never did find a green spray paint that I am happy with but something that will be ok. I decided against powder coating this time.

Back