a different way of cranking chute on snow blower?

Won't need to go thru that, wiring micro switches, won't be hard to figure out when I hit the stops. Motor might slightly bind, dim lights, will use a sprung, momentary ON-OFF-ON type of switch.

Here is something different. Get a 12V linear actuator from here;Search Results | Surplus Center They are listed in the catalog by ascending length of stroke. Then all you need is to fasten down one end and fasten the other end to a lever attached to the chute. Some of them are expensive($100.) Some are not.

I( see where one guy used a power seat motor and the screw section. Mounted the motor solid, ran the screw acros to a tab weleded on the chute and made a set up (Large Nut) for the screw to turn in to turn the chute. did the same for the deflector.

Build a sheild to keep the ice and snow off the motor and crank screw works also.

Most guys use a rocker switch or toggle switch and watch the chute. when it gets where yiou want take your finger off the switch so it pops in neural.

:D Al

I( see where one guy used a power seat motor and the screw section. Mounted the motor solid, ran the screw acros to a tab weleded on the chute and made a set up (Large Nut) for the screw to turn in to turn the chute. did the same for the deflector.

Build a sheild to keep the ice and snow off the motor and crank screw works also.

Most guys use a rocker switch or toggle switch and watch the chute. when it gets where yiou want take your finger off the switch so it pops in neural.

Never really thought of a worm drive motor,
but on the switch it sounds like we're talking about the same thing as I described earlier

My chute seem to wobble around so moving the chute is a PIA. I guess I have to disassemble and see what exactly is worn causing this as i can only move chute using one hand on chute holding it level while my other hand turns the crank

My chute seem to wobble around so moving the chute is a PIA. I guess I have to disassemble and see what exactly is worn causing this as i can only move chute using one hand on chute holding it level while my other hand turns the crank
I have had some like that in the past.

Some thing folks down south use to control population by driving.

Or. way to increase the population because you stay home in bed.

1VRSqPE.jpg

010714_1311_zps6a7f16ac.jpg

scan0001.jpg

Hmm, I think our walk behind uses a ring gear. I wonder how close they are in size.
I know that Ariens built many different models of walk behind blowers, I would be surprised if a chute off of another model wouldn't go right on there. But IDK which one to go with, I bought one off of an older model 6/24 and it's inlet is much smaller in diameter than the outlet flange on mine. So that was strike 1.
I have a Deere 828D here about a 1999 vintage, that was made by Ariens for Deere.
going by the date code on the engine (the ID sticker for the chassis is MIA, ) but from what I can tell, they made an up to and after version of this machine, and the most telling feature that I can tell-- going by pictures--- is that mine is the later version, it has the crank mechanism high on the chute, the (plastic) gear is about 1/3 of the diameter of the chute and binds easily. I wouldn't add that version to anything. It binds easily. The up to version uses a worm drive set up right on the flange of the chute, have seen both versions on the newer Ariens machines. I will say that I hate the cable style of chute rotation. I have messed with other snow blowers that had a similar set up so I will be wanting to get away from that design too.
I want something that will engage the chute from the bottom flange.
I have seen people put a taller chute on these blowers, idk what application of a taller chute that was used,. again pix and posts on various forums is where I have seen these before.

Unfortunately the search function on the most likely forum that I remember seeing these setups on,. doesn't want to work any more

Just ran across this You tube this morning. Not crazy about the switch mount at all, looks really ugly and to far to reach.
I have a 1972 7112 Simplicity would like to mount a blower on it.
any way this is another method and you could make a bracket that put that ugly switch with in closer reach and could even come up with a nicer switch box. Find some one who reloads speer bullets that come in the nice plactic box.
Looks like you could get some rotation out of it, right in your face full blast.

That's one of those Harbor Freight winches with the remote control switch.
Probably in a magnet backed box, would stick anywhere.

For the money it is hard to beat HF winches. I've been using one for several years to raise and lower the snow blower with.

Back