Wanted a (hopefully) rebuildable Carter/Kohler carb

dodge trucker

Tractorologist
I have had my fill of Chinese clones. tried a few/ yeah, they're cheaper than a rebuild kit for an original carb but I was getting what was paid for.... yeah the engines would run, but not run well, at one condition or another. I'll deal with bushing throttle shafts if that's what it takes.... wanting (preferably" the #26 version, need one for an older Cub 12hp application (tractor number 129 or older) as the air filter housings are slightly different to the newer ones, and the mouth of the older carbs are different to mate up.

I have had my fill of Chinese clones. tried a few/ yeah, they're cheaper than a rebuild kit for an original carb but I was getting what was paid for.... yeah the engines would run, but not run well, at one condition or another. I'll deal with bushing throttle shafts if that's what it takes.... wanting (preferably" the #26 version, need one for an older Cub 12hp application (tractor number 129 or older) as the air filter housings are slightly different to the newer ones, and the mouth of the older carbs are different to mate up.
A lot of times those worn bushings will keep them carbs running bad especially idling.

why not rebuild the original carb? or dont you have that??

Ive never had much problems with carbs on the old Ks.... they're so simple that even with worn throttle shaft bushings I can usually get them to run pretty nicely.. making sure its cleaned properly is the biggest issue.

and No I wont pull the carb off my 301 ;)

So far I have used two Chinese carbs, one on my B52M 20 hp Onan, Runs like a well oiled sewing machine and just put one on the Kawasaki Mule, Runs very well right out of the box.

I don't have one on that engine right now.
I'm switching engines, will probably swap carb from old engine for time being but I don't want to be having to play musical carburetors if you get what I mean

So far I have used two Chinese carbs, one on my B52M 20 hp Onan, Runs like a well oiled sewing machine and just put one on the Kawasaki Mule, Runs very well right out of the box.
Glad you have had luck with them. I've tried the ones for newer Briggs push mowers(Quantum and newer), a flo jet, Tecumsehs, and a couple of echo/Stihl type Chinese clone carbs and every time either it idles but won't run at speed, or vise versa, or hesitates when throttling up that can't be adjusted out, and I've dug around for either an nos replacement or a better used (more) rebuildable original than I started with, and had better results than the china one I tried.

I'm good on these for now I think. Found 2 of them at the tractor show today, pretty clean and minimal shaft wear as well...... Let's see what happens when I boil them and put kits in them....
Wish I would have gone back to the guy that had them and got the 16hp magnum he had, I could use one.it was Cheap too..... Can't find one to save my azz when I really need one, caused me to part out and scrap more than 1 otherwise good machine over the years.
But I went across the show grounds to the outhouse and came back to find my wife had started to pack us up..... And thought about it when I was about 15 miles down the road.

Back