Alan's Lighting Challenge

NewHolland

Tractorologist
The story starts on the way home from Daniel's plow day when the headlight I had replaced on the New Holland S14 fell out due to a mounting method failure, fiberglass hood. So I never reinstalled the light and took it to Fcvaec plow day and summer show with just one headlight, also starting to fall out. So recently Alan told me that I should mount LED headlights in place of the OEM lights, but how when the OEM mounting method is the main fault. So I bought 2" square housing Cree 10 watt flood type lights, and some 1/8" thick 1.5" angle iron, and executed an idea. I will take some night pics of the light they put out later, but here are some daylight pics. By the way Alan, I believe I win. @MH82

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpg

See how resourceful you can be, Casey! Ought to work, even have air flow around to keep cool!

Nice job Casey

and yes, you won.

Your gallon of PA gasoline is waiting here for you.

Another update. Wanted to be able to see a little bit while backing up, sort of a work light too, so not go too blind. There is a cover plate over the hole that the rear PTO passes thru, which I do not, nor ever will install. I had bought 2" round LED grommet lights that fit a 2-1/4" hole. I was very suspicious that behind that cover I would find the correct size hole, and I was correct. Cant see as well, but that is ok, only backing up slow anyway. Biggest light theif is my reciever/stabilizer, so might build a better one sometime. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

So, does that come on only when backing up or is it on all the time? 

I am going to put it on an independent toggle switch mounted into the shifter console, but cant bring myself to drill the hole yet lol. Currently the ground is wired to the chassis, and the positive is 6 feet long so I could reach the battery post tonight lol.

On order is a pair of LED tail lamps that look OEM (like the lights on the parts Ariens). Thise lights will wire with the headlight. Actually cut off all the knarled stock wiring that was coiled up next to the gas tank tonight. I never really thought anything of it with the bare ends flopping around next to the 5 gallons of gasoline under the seat LOL.

Looks Good Casey.  Instead of drilling a hole in the dash maybe put a micro switch on the gear linkage to actuate when you go into reverse.  Then put a flip switch in one of those hole in the back if you want it to work as a work light.

Trying not to block those holes because I am going to try to use them to hang weight off of later. I actually reviewed the manual to understand the wiring scheme and scheming my own method. Cant go by color to trace any wire on this tractor because a previous owner painted every wire blue... Ugh.

Back