Allis B112 Battery

steve b

Tractorologist
My cold start issues continue. I have a good battery in the tractor, I am remembering it is over 400 amp cold crank but it is still not enough. Motor pops and farts but wont catch. When I hook the charger up and give it the 200 amp boost it starts like it is summer. Last week I needed to clear the drive and the power was out. Tractor would not start. I gave it the boost off the riding mower's wimpy battery and it started right up.

I need more power. The battery compartment is way bigger than the battery that is in there, bout a inch and a half around the sides. Anybody have an idea what the largest, currently available battery is that will fill the battery box? Got a part number?
Thanks

just curious what weight oil are you using? is the wiring still all original. was the starter Gen ever rebuilt with new bearings?

The normal battery for your AC should be a 22NF. Seems most want to put a small battery in them.

22NF thanks I will look at those.

Jabelman, 0w 30 synthetic oil. Generator was rebuilt in 2015. Wiring has been switched for electronic ignition. New plug this winter too.

Back