Almost lost a track

MH81

Tractorologist
Staff member
Administrator
I put some serious hours on the Dozer this weekend. Right in the middle of it I started feeling a funny vibration while I was rolling. The carriers were over biting on the track. I had a heck of a time getting the truck back up between the flanges. But once I did, I made sure to tighten up the track

If my dad had not wrapped a grease coated rag around the threads and then tied it with wire, I doubt I would have been able to adjust at all

20160903_191945.jpg

20160903_192001.jpg

20160903_192022.jpg

Congratz Alan. Your Dad was very smart, and he probably had that track half off of there one day and spent all day getting that adjuster freed up and moving. Believe me, he was not going to go through that again. :D

My T340 makes a distinctive sound when the tracks slip out of line with the carriers.  In my earlier days with it, I drove one track off twice, and man is it fun getting it back on!  Now I stop the instant I hear & feel things going whacko, use my bucket to raise the front of the tracks, then go into reverse to align things. 

I have an old 310G Case track loader, the track tensioner looks just like yours, and the chains have enough wiggle to them that if I don`t keep them tight, they`ll walk off of the sprocket. Luckily neither side was very hard to break loose to tighten them.
, but it`s not a fun job, especially in the heat of the summer!

Good catch getting it stopped before a major problem and what foresight by your Dad! That had to make your day having retro help from him!

DAC

Back