Other And another show bites the dust

dodge trucker

Tractorologist
Event Date
Jan 1, 2020
I saw a guy at work today that I know, he works for a different state of Illinois agency than me, I saw him at the Pontiac threshermens show last year, and asked if he had heard anything about this year's event. He said that he hadn't. So I came home from work and looked them up. Yup, another one cancelled for 2020. Life has to go on. All these cancellations are becoming ridiculous. The big shots have made their point already.
Last week it was covered bridge fest that got canned.Are we gonna be able to do ANYTHING this year?
Another long standing event that has been going on for many many years, gone for this year. Has been happening every labor day weekend as long as I can remember.
And our local tractor show that wasn't quite as long standing but still had been happening for around 40 years, dissolved this year before covid became much of an issue earlier this year. Not to happen again. The old tyme farm show In Bradley IL is the one that dissolved. That one was due to infighting among the group that put it on, but still, gone.
If we ever do get back to normal (whatever normal will be) will any of these come back?

At this point I would surmise that nothing will come back "the same". I would guess a lot more work from home when possibly. Walking the grocery store isles could end and be order over the phone and pick up or have delivered. And on and on.

It will take years to get back to what we thought is normal and have our shows like we use to. I hate to say it, because I have a number of events and shows I like to go to, but the shows may not happen next year either. Some might, but not what we are use too.

Noel

Back