And more junk.

MFDAC

Tractorologist
I delivered some stickers this morning and the customer gave me some more junk.

It's a very old Honda G300 7 hp horizontal crank engine. It has compression and spark. The coil has a big crack in it so I figured no spark but was wrong. Couldn't find much info about it in a quick search but it looks like some new parts are available for it yet.

It's probably not good for much of anything with that gear box on it, and the carb butterfly shaft is frozen. Governor is also cobbled up.

DAC

DSCN4320.JPG DSCN4321.JPG DSCN4323.JPG

DSCN4324.JPG DSCN4325.JPG

And this is the PDF search engine used. :)

The google, duck, and a few others prevent finding manuals because they screen out those findings in the searches. So, got to use something different. Best to use StartPage.con , SwissCows.com , Brave.com , or Mojeek.com when really needing it.

This was a pressure washer according to the guy I got it from, Brett. It froze and the pump got scrapped.

This engine fires on ether so maybe it is worth saving. Gave it a shot this morning and it fired right away.

DAC

This was a pressure washer according to the guy I got it from, Brett. It froze and the pump got scrapped.

This engine fires on ether so maybe it is worth saving. Gave it a shot this morning and it fired right away.

DAC

Darn, forgot about that in your original post. I got carried away reading where that engine was used, mostly in gensets. :)

I need professional help! Drug home a roto tiller from the scrap at work today. 8 HP Briggs has a big hole in the block and parts robbed off it. including the wheels. I liked the hi-lo-reverse transaxle though. Tines look real good too. No, I have no plans on busting sod for a garden. Maybe after I retire, if I'm in good enough shape. Probably not in good enough shape now!

DAC

DSCN4338.JPG DSCN4339.JPG DSCN4340.JPG

DSCN4341.JPG DSCN4342.JPG DSCN4343.JPG

DSCN4344.JPG Manual cover.jpg

I need professional help! Drug home a roto tiller from the scrap at work today. 8 HP Briggs has a big hole in the block and parts robbed off it. including the wheels. I liked the hi-lo-reverse transaxle though. Tines look real good too. No, I have no plans on busting sod for a garden. Maybe after I retire, if I'm in good enough shape. Probably not in good enough shape now!

DAC

View attachment 51603 View attachment 51604 View attachment 51605

View attachment 51606 View attachment 51607 View attachment 51608

View attachment 51609 View attachment 51610
Would be a nice tiller fixed up Doug. You could start growin potatoes,
you and I could chat potatoe talk. Hehe.

Noel

That's an odd looking crankshaft on that tiller..
And you don't see many old Briggs explode like that..

Edit
On farther look I guess the crank looks normal..
And you don't many with a gearbox like that. Heavy duty...
No transport wheels ?

Last edited:
That's an odd looking crankshaft on that tiller..
And you don't see many old Briggs explode like that..

Edit
On farther look I guess the crank looks normal..
And you don't many with a gearbox like that. Heavy duty...
No transport wheels ?
Someone had already gotten the wheels before I got the tiller.

Impressive to explode an old Briggs like that. I wonder what happened. Maybe no oil.

I looked at the crank journal and it doesn't show much signs of oil starvation. Should look inside better. I wonder if the rod cap didn't lose a bolt?

DAC

I went ahead and got debris from the rod out through the hole in the block, pulled the head and piston. Part of the rod and cap must be what decided to go outside, along with most of the dipper too. The rod shows some discoloration like oil starvation, but the crank don't look too bad. Aluminum doesn't always hurt the steel though.

DAC

DSCN4345.JPG DSCN4347.JPG DSCN4348.JPG

Back