Another K in the collection...

Lance Skene

Alberta, Canada
few years ago I couldnt keep enough of these K series engine on hand but now I seem to be collecting them.... just picked up this K321 on monday, runs nice, complete self contained unit including the fuel tank and electrics, came off a grain auger and has a 1 1/8" output shaft on the crank.. i figure it should be worth $200 so I advertised it at $300.

I now have 2 K241, 1 K301, and this K321... plus a nice old 10hp Wisconsin with a snap clutch. Two vertical shaft single cyl B&S and two Vanguard twins... now I need tractors to put these things in.Lol

I had an M12 and M16 awhile back but they went to scrap when I moved :(

This K321 is the first time Ive seen a 1 1/8" crankshaft output... I'd kinda like to take it apart to see if the rest of the crank is any heavier than the average crank in a GT engine which usually only have 7/8" or 1" output shafts. Its a nice quite K series which is getting kinda rare with all these 50 year old engines. I did an emergency repair on this engine in the spring and told the owner then that it needs all new wiring but he decided to get a new engine from Princess Auto... and just gave me the K. So it already has a new coil, condensor and points but the wiring itself has that cloth type shielding so thats pretty old.

I dont really expect it to sell, engines in general dont sell good..... somebody close to you has to need That engine. Its more likely to sit here until I find a tractor to put it in. Lol

You didn't post the pics I saw on FB Lance! I had an adventure with my K321"Q" series but it seems to run when I need it now. Still not sure if it charges correctly though. Now I have a K181 in a JD110 but all I know so far is it cranks over strong. I'll get it in the shop one of these days!

You know your market but it seems like there should be some guys that build or repower that might would buy it too!

DAC

Oh Ya pics right!!! completely forgot.Lol
001.JPG002.JPG

Somebody might need it so it doesnt hurt to advertise it but the odds are slim... might get some $50 offers but I wouldnt sell it for that just because they can be hard to find if/when I need one.

Last edited:
Back