any idea what this tractor is? found in Idaho

Cat is correct :thumbs:!

It's a Allis Chalmers RC. A/C manufactured them for farmers who needed a second tractor to field work that couldn't or didn't want to pay the price of another WC. A/C thought that farmers would buy the RC to use for cultivating and other drawbar work because all the WC mounted tools still fit this frame.

You could get the RC with flatbelt pulley PTO and also 540RPM rear PTO. You could also get the mechanical lift and manual driveline kickout which stopped the travel of the tractor but left the PTO live to finish a bale in A/C's round baler. These were options to keep the cost down.

Today RC's are hard to find because they used a different rear end gearing that lots of A/C pullers pulling the WC's really want to improve their power by turning the engines faster in the 3mph stock classes.

When I was collecting A/C tractors back in the 90's, the RC was one I could never find at a decent price.

Last edited:
Hi all, interesting I'm not up on Allis tractors but there were a number of them around here and I have seen the WC WD WD45 and the "B" & "C" never knew there was an RC thanks

Back