Any one ever see this type of roller before.

Probably a factory built, but aftermarket conversion that had nothing to do with Massey.
footnote: Ferguson rollers are one of the more popular brands. No idea if Ferguson rollers are related to Ferguson tractors.

Interesting how they just wrapped the rear wheels to make rollers. The steering doesn't look much more difficult.

Think that is authentic! Used back before modern rollers!

Been a Massey Harris collector for a long time and belonged to the club too. Never heard of any thing like that.
there are some real good hints that it is a home shop fabed out fit. The air cleaner is the first hint, the ponys system came from the bottom of the carb and was piped over and across the top of the engine to the air intake stack. Is clear some one made it so a dry paper filter can be used.

The front drums, I do not in any shape or form believe the factory would put double bungs in straight across from each other. I do not believe the factory would not use one of the standard pony from axle set ups. and have the front mount like that.

In the rear there is no provision for adding water at all just the standard Pony wheel weights about 50 pounds each.
That wouldn't be much weight compaired to what the front could have.

:D Al

That’s pretty cool! I did a couple searches on google and found some more interesting rollers.

Attachments

• 1D8EAEC0-003D-4F18-9CEA-537A94DB794A.jpeg
    1D8EAEC0-003D-4F18-9CEA-537A94DB794A.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 15F7C7C9-6F0E-4B7A-BE0E-2532BB3F489E.jpeg
    15F7C7C9-6F0E-4B7A-BE0E-2532BB3F489E.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 10
I'd say that those back rims have been extended and with the steel plate used as tires that there's a lot of volume for water in the back wheels.

It's a very cool conversion for sure.

The rear rims do not appear to be extended to me. Looks like the flat steel was roold to slid over the rims and welded in place. Fenders were removed so the rolled could be made wider.

Only weight in the reat is the tractor it's self and a 50 pound wheel weight on each wheel.
Doing some guessing from what I see in the picture the front would weigh close to 350 pounds.

:D Al

Back