Not Mine Anyone Ever Seen One Of These?! An NOS Tecumseh Short Block In The Factory Package!!

1967Craftsman's

Tractorologist
Not mine but wish it was. It's on Ebay located in Herald California, at a current bid of $99.00 and ends in 4 days. Title and ad say it's a SBH540 SBH-540 756288C, what block is it? I can't tell the difference but it honestly kind of looks like my block.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.png

s-l1600.jpg

I have 2,nos Tecumseh LAV 35 engines in my attic made for the old "Toro Whirlwind" mowers, only 1 number away from each other in spec number, one 1969 the other 1970.
Neither has had gas or oil in them. The guy had 1 other in a display stand, had the old windup starter on it but he wasn't letting that one go

I bought a brand new tecumseh HM80 10 years ago. Still in the Tecumseh box, with all the labels on it. 1974 by the date code. It was setup to be a mini bike/go kart engine from the factory.

Paid 425 for it. It was amazing putting a brand new correct engine on my mini bike that was correct for it

There is a guy on the Tecumseh engine Facebook page that bought a couple of them. Sounds like the seller has quite a few.

I had a NOS HS 40 from 1994 still in the box. Kept it around for a couple years then finally sold it. Bought for 60 bucks sold for 125.

DAC

Back