Anyone Identify this Plow?

chieffan

Tractorologist
Advertised as a one bottom roll over plow. Haven't seen it looks like a lot of them were 3 point which is what I need. JD possibly? Not the one in the background - 4 bottom IH pull type.

Plow.jpegPlow.jpeg

Last edited:
Looking for a 3 point one bottom like a Ford, Massey, etc. Only saw one on CL for $450 OUCH! Thinking this one may work ?

Those two yellow arms appear to be adjusting levers. Don't see the tractor attachment point though. Coming up on an estate auction so not expecting any information from the widow that is having the auction.

Doesn't
Advertised as a one bottom roll over plow. Haven't seen it looks like a lot of them were 3 point which is what I need. JD possibly? Not the one in the background - 4 bottom IH pull type.

View attachment 53177View attachment 53177
Doesn't look like any Deere style I know, Oliver maybe? Old Deere two way plows have separate beams for the plows, not a flip-flop mechanism.

There is separate beams for each plow, I have looked at several one bottom roll over JD plows and they are not much different. Where do you see a flip flop mechanism?? They all rotate in one way or another. Could be an Oliver. Paint looks like Deere to me. Will have to go look it over.

Most Deere tractor mounted two way plows I've seen had a plow bottom behind each rear wheel, not central behind the tractor. The one in the picture looks like the plows pivot on one central bar.

Most Deere tractor mounted two way plows I've seen had a plow bottom behind each rear wheel, not central behind the tractor. The one in the picture looks like the plows pivot on one central bar.

I disagree. I see the left bottom clearly and the top of a right mold board between and behind the yellow levers. It's a mounted plow and probably not easily adaptable to the tractor(s) it's not designed to fit.

I stand corrected, just found a image of the same plow, it's for a John Deere M and MT. I have never seen one of these plows for that model. The most I have seen are for the larger two cylinders.

Most of those type plows are 3 bottom on up and roll 180°. This one seems to rotate 90°.

Ran across this photo of a JD M3B plow. Matches up real close.

JD Plow.jpg For sale on ebay - $550.00 :mad: Don't look like an easy conversion to a 3 point to me. Novelty item?

Last edited:
The two way plows for the A, B and H would have the plow beams go between the rear wheels and the diff. You would drop one bottom and plow in one direction, when you got to the end you would lift that bottom up and then turn the tractor around. When you were facing the other direction, you would drop the other bottom. You want to see some weird plows, check out how they use to do it in England. The would put a tractor on both sides of a field that had powered wire spools under them. Then the would hook a teeter totter two way plow to they cables and winch it back and forth across the field. Three machines and at least three people (one guy rode and steered the plow) to plow a field.

Back