anyone know Dixon ZTR's?

I inquired about becoming a dealer for them back in the early 80's. Being young and broke they required you to buy 5 units. They made two or three different models if I remember. Can't remember pricing but it was more than I could lay out. Plus a little afraid of selling them because I didnt know how people would take to them. They did look like thing to have. In hindsight they were. Kinda the front runners of the zero turns..
Have to look around but I might have some the original sales brochures around some where..

The one I rebuilt had the best built and heaviest dang deck I have ever seen. If the chains are jumping sprockets, the chains are worn out. They never got lubed by previous owners, and are out in all the dust.

Ok time to revisit this old thread. I finally got around to replacing the worn out chains on this thing, did the left wheel chain (which was the biggest problem, and the side in which jumped and bent the shaft) and the 2 shorter, middle chains. I don't think I have enough to do the right side wheel chain. Have to see if there's enough left (need 45 links, #40 chain) I'll change that one too. Center chains were 14 links. I bought one of those "yellow boxes" of Daido (brand) bulk chain at the farm store for the job.
It didn't want to run very well yesterday, even though it ran fantastic last year and I even dumped the fuel tank when I tore it apart to replace that bent shaft.
It didn't take long at all to put back together, took longer to count out and cut the new chains. I'm gonna need to pull the carburetor and soak it, check out the float.
But it's finally time to try and adjust our those cones if possible.
Walt Conner (old hand from many small engine forums) sent me some instructions last year for that in process, about 6-7 pages long. He'd sent them a couple of times. But each time, his emailed instructions seemed to skip "page 4" so I never got a complete set of instructions.
I found a long spiel on Google but I'm not so sure on the naming of some of the parts that are called out in the description I found online. I found a few you tubes on the subject and tried watching one (they are all over an Hour long) and I don't have my NO Doz (haha)

Does anyone have a "cliffs notes" cheaters version of the adjustment how to?

Back