Anyone recognize this cab?

diesel nut

Tractorologist
Hi all, One of my friends has 3 International I-4's. Two of which have cabs and snow plow frames on them and the third looks like it might have had one of these cabs too but there's nothing on it now except the rear frame for the platform. Other than a couple of PO mods to one of the cabs they're exactly the same, and the snow plow frames are the same way. Both of us have been looking and I've asked my dad and grandpa and we've been unable to find anything like them. The closest I've come is the Tokheim cab made for the Farmall H and M but that's just the shape of the roof being nearly the same. My dad said he remembers seeing a picture in the Red Power magazine of a line of IH tractors with cabs like that with V-plows clearing the sidewalks in NY he thinks but I haven't been able to find that picture yet. We have like 25 years worth of the magazines to go through so it's slow going. I showed a picture of it to my grandpa and he suggested the Ware cab company in Ware, MA but I can't find anything on them. I'm thinking it's a good possibility that it was a company from somewhere in the Worcester or Springfield, MA area that made them but we're pushing 75 years since the tractors were new so who knows where they actually were built or if IH shipped them in from one of their factories that way. Thanks in advance for the help
20190615_141347.jpeg20190615_141359.jpeg20190615_141429.jpeg

Can't find any dat plates or marks any where?
that is sort of odd if you can't find any thing to ID them.

:D Al

I found the remains on a plate on one of them and when I say remains its basically about a 1/4" all the way around the outside held on by the rivets and the rest just rusted away. On the one in the pictures you can see it in the first pic at about the 10:30 position coming off the tire. The whole tag is a solid sheet of scaly rust front and back and is completely unreadable. He has it soaking in a diluted solution of evapo-rust hoping for the best but I don't hold out much hope of being able to get any info off it.

I have found pictures of cabs that look close built by Meade and Egging but looking up info on them they didn't start production until the 50's and 60's

Back