are these blade hubs removeable?

ol' stonebreaker

Tractorologist
Craftsman 38" deck about 1989 model. One mandrel has some slightly noisy brgs and I'd like to change them out. I'm pushing on the blade bolt but haven't put what I consider excessive force on it yet. Can't tell if there's a gap between the blade hub and where the threads start. Will appreciate any knowledge someone has about these.

Attachments

• 2021-07-10 22.57.00 (Small).jpg
    2021-07-10 22.57.00 (Small).jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 2021-07-10 22.57.10 (Small).jpg
    2021-07-10 22.57.10 (Small).jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 13
Been many years, but I think the blade plate is welded to the shaft and pulley comes off the shaft, then pull the shaft out below.
I just checked and they're welded on both ends. Sears parts says the mandrels are no longer made so I may have to improvise with mandrels off of some other brand. Leave it to sears to sell something that can't be fixed cheaply or at this late date not at all!!

Definitely a throw away design. I bought a Bolens H16 from a guy several years ago. He told me when I got near his place I couldn’t miss it he had so many tractors. I was so excited until I seen his place. It looked like acres of what looked like fairly new tractors. He told me most were less than eight years old and junk.

Back