Awfully tempting

_floater_

Tractorologist
Asking $200

Does anyone know if these things have hydraulics?

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    189.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    205.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    188.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    217.9 KB · Views: 31
Looks like a National Mower. Missing the left reel. Neat, you should get it Mark. Wisconsin Robin it looks like on the engine shroud. I have a 10 hp Briggs off a National mower here. I would say no hydraulics, but I think some were hydro static drive.

Noel

There's a shifter coming straight off the diff. Says Brouwer on the fuel tank and belt guard.
The company manufactured its first sod harvester, which sold for $9,600 complete, at Brouwer Sod Farms in 1972. In 1974, Brouwer built a factory in Keswick, Ontario, where the company continues to manufacture equipment today.

Some of the products Brouwer has manufactured are the Hitch-Hiker truck-mounted forklift, Brouwer reel mower, BV 85 turf vacuum, RM22 rotary mower, turf rollers, Rollmax 2400 24-inch big roll sod harvester, Brouwer 1600 self-propelled sod harvester and Rollmate sod installers. Brouwer also invented the patented automatic big roll system and improved the automatic small roll Robomax sod harvester.

Brouwer Triplex model 376 reel mower. Just spoke with the owner. She has the left side reel in storage and it works fine.
I have to figure out a way to go get it. It's in the middle of nowhere. Barss Corner, NS.

Attachments

• brouwer.jpg
    brouwer.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_2020-03-21 1985apr7 pdf.png
    Screenshot_2020-03-21 1985apr7 pdf.png
    657.6 KB · Views: 5
  • uo_1544968457-14398-7.jpg
    uo_1544968457-14398-7.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I knew there was another name that I could not think of. Years ago there was a National and a Brouwer for sale at our local John Deere dealer.

I’d help if I could Mark. Trailer is still froze in snow bank.

It’s not to far from you. I think.

Attachments

• 28F29EEF-C51D-4B9E-A1F5-C5E9A73FE5A6.png
    28F29EEF-C51D-4B9E-A1F5-C5E9A73FE5A6.png
    190.3 KB · Views: 7
I knew there was another name that I could not think of. Years ago there was a National and a Brouwer for sale at our local John Deere dealer.

This is the first time I've seen you not sign your post with Noel.
I've been there a few times. Trust me...it's a drive across the island on all the wrong roads. lol
I saw an article on a JD forum when I was digging. The spuds are a smart people. I'll get my son's trailer and use a flipflop to haul her on. Owner says it's an awkward and heavy beast.
It doesn't run, but it turns over by recoil just fine. Probably needs a date with "Gunk Carb Medic" which I highly recommend. It will clean a horribly fouled or gummy carb in situ.
I hope to go get it later today, after the hangover lol

New avatar too! glub glub.. Halifax pier glub...

The story.

Attachments

• 20200322_011400.jpg
    20200322_011400.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
So. Did you pick it up the mower today Mark ?

I’m gunna have to try that Faxe. If the store is ever open.

Noel

I have decided to pass on this. I have way too many projects on the go and waiting in the wings.
Noel, you should drive over and get it. You could likely pick it up for $150.

Thing is with those reel mowers, you have to have a pretty smooth surface for them to work well. My lawn is pretty bumpy, why i got rid of mine.

Well Mark, thanks, but I don’t need it either. Would be neat to have. But if I went to NS I’d have to visit relatives. But I do have friends over there too.

Noel

Back