Wanted B&S Flywheel

chieffan

Tractorologist
Looking for a B&S flywheel with starter ring gear for 11.5 hp engine. Engine I want to convert over to electric start is on a 2014 Genset that has been test run only. The model number is 030547, 1150 Series, 250cc. serial # 1402098849455. It is a pull start now, will not need the charging coil etc. as plan is to use a booster pack direct to the starter to start it. Probably several years and size engine with this same flywheel but I am not that well versed on that aspect. If you have something that would work please PM me and will go from there.

I thought of that, then again, I can make a cover for the starter gear to screw down to the cover. Thanks for reminding me. I have thought about using a Starter/Generator but take some fabing to get it mounted, lined up belt location, etc. Then there is the rotation direction and speed. Have it up waste high and can pull it over with no problem there. Will only run on Carb cleaner, Won't start or run on gas ??? Taking it to my Briggs dealer.

I thought of that, then again, I can make a cover for the starter gear to screw down to the cover. Thanks for reminding me. I have thought about using a Starter/Generator but take some fabing to get it mounted, lined up belt location, etc. Then there is the rotation direction and speed. Have it up waste high and can pull it over with no problem there. Will only run on Carb cleaner, Won't start or run on gas ??? Taking it to my Briggs dealer.
One more thought Roger...
Sometimes your block isn't drilled and tapped for a starter and for that matter some don't even have the "boss" on the side of the block to mount it.
I ran across this myself at one time on a snowblower I wanted to convert over...just some things to check..

One more thought Roger...
Sometimes your block isn't drilled and tapped for a starter and for that matter some don't even have the "boss" on the side of the block to mount it.
I ran across this myself at one time on a snowblower I wanted to convert over...just some things to check..
Good point. Since this motor/generator is built as a unit I bet it don't have the boss for the starter. I got it lifted with the chain hoist on the old wagon hoist and backed the Ranger under it. That put it up to a comfortable working height. Could pull it over with no trouble.

The more I think about it the more I think I will change course. I have the generator up in the back of the Ranger SxS. I can pull start it at that angle with no problem. I can roll it off the ranger onto a heavy work bench in the machine shed, and back into the loader buck or ranger when needed. Changing it to electric start may be more trouble than it is worth.

Back