Back to the Bricks 2019 Chrome and ice.

alleyyooper

Tractorologist
Made applacation to show our Buick at this years Chrome and ice indoor car show Febuary 9th thru the 11th.

2018 there was a rageing snow storm going on out side. Hopeing for dry roads and frozen gravel roads would be nice.
There are two arena's at the Dort federal Credit Union event center, home to the Flint Firebirds OHL hochey team.

:D Al

I only bring my truck to a couple shows a year locally. If its going to cost me money I won't go. I know which shows offer good swag bag. We have gone to Back to the Fifties in Minneapolis occasionally over the past 40 some years. Its a great show and well worth the trip. First time I went 10,000 pre 1963 vehicles registered and they still get those numbers. We walk the grounds for hours. I have this umbrella set into hitch on truck so it cant blow away as I have seen happen with those pop up shelters
IMG-20130622-00493.jpg

Guy at a local show used to tie his to his tractor... Until the day they forgot. Kinda pretzeled it.
Nice.grounda, neat umbrella, gotta be a story about that plaque

Guy at a local show used to tie his to his tractor... Until the day they forgot. Kinda pretzeled it.
Nice.grounda, neat umbrella, gotta be a story about that plaque

Better to pretzel shelter than take flight. I know its happened at many events causing $$$ damage to vehicles as a wind can come up very quick. I fold umbrella up when wife or I leave the truck for the few seconds it takes.Falcon Heights-20130622-00473.jpg

Think I am not going to be excepted to display our Buick at Chrome and Ice.

Kare was not to wild about the idea of it any way. She is very protective of the hood ornament, doesn't like it having to be left every night for 2 or 3 nights.
3aL0nUK.jpg

I don't know if you can buy them today off car salvage sites.

We were not excepted and they couldn't even send a E Mail or a quick call to let us know.

Got a call today saying they had some one cancl if we wanted to show then.

Nope I cancled the trailer I was going to use in case of bad roads and not going to jump thru hoopes for a last minute thing. Could have at least told us we were on a stand by list.

Now I wonder how they could call that a car. bicycle wheels and tires a old white flyer for a chassis. and a washing machine engine.
No lights so it isn't road legal either.
Yup pretty neat.

Never been to Autorama dislike the parking fees and theif threat.

Back