Ballasting the wheels on the Kubota

I have used a small drill pump for years to pump the WW fluid into tires, I had not used it for 4+ years, so I dug it and the hoses and connectors out cleaned a 5 gallon pail and started opening jugs stuck the suction end of the hose in the pail and squeezed the trigger on my air drill fluid started going down in the pail. You have to remove the suction hose out of the pail after pumping in about 5/6 gallons to let air out of the tire then add to the bucket, at about 8 gallons in I noticed the pump was no longer pumping so I took it apart and there was only 3 - 5 little paddles left on the rotor. With age and use the pump just deteriorated and was done, so off to Menard's for a new pump all I could find was some cheap China pumps couldn't locate the better pumps and I figured 2 cheapo would the job. Back at the shop connected the new pump and went to pumping and it pumped very good got the remaining 7 gallons pumped in installed the valve core and aired up the tire and moved on to the other tire dumped WW fluid in the bucket pulled the trigger on the drill and Nothing the drill would not budge. Took it apart and it looked like new but would not turn
squirted some silicone lube in it and let it sit a couple of days till today it was still stuck but got it loosen up and tried it it pumped in the 15 gallon like it was new till I tried to suck the last drop out of the pail soon as it pulled the air in it stuck. So when I finish the front wheels I'll free it up and not suck any air in when I'm done

One thing, if you don't blow that snow your for sure going to crush it. I've got weights on the back wheels and no weight on the front. Never got stuck last year and had plenty of opportunity though. Now have over 550lbs lbs on the 3 point and the weight of the snow blower on the front. I think we are both set for the worst.

Wonder if a universal windshield washer pump like the old Trico 11-100 would work to do the job for you as they are made for WW fluid? Perhaps it might not develop enough pressure??
I never thought aboutone of those pumps I have a new one some where in the shop, the only time there is any amount of back pressure is when the air pressure builds up in the tire

First tires I ever did I took the tires off the tractor and broke down part of one side of the bead and poured it in...Used antifreeze then. Took them apart 20+ years later and rims were still like new..
Guessing I didn't think of a pump or didn't have one handy "and antifreeze was cheap then.."

I can't recall when the mandate change in washer fluid came out (2005?) to drop the methanol percentage as the majority to the minority and the ethanol now to be the majority. It's one reason why I've used the pet safe RV/Marine pink coolant down to -20F. It runs the same price.

Ethanol can work like a paint stripper. Not something I would want on the inside rims.

Back