Battery for Montgomery Wards LT

hamman

Tractorologist
We have a MW 18/42 lawn tractor that we inherited many years ago. We ran it for a lot of years and stopped. It needs a new battery so it can go to our sons girlfriend, however we cannot find the correct battery . The battery has a label that is blank. It is approximately 8" long x 3" wide and 6 or 7" deep. The model number is a TMO-30000A / E 131H1. I have searched for the original number for the battery with no results. All it shows is batterys the style of 4 wheeler size and they will not fit the area it has for the battery. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Would a regular size lawn and garden tractor battery fit? 2 choices there, same dimensions just opposite posts of each other U1 or U1R
All the seats roper built machines I had from that era just took a regular size mower battery

Otherwise check out various size motorcycle batteries, im actually surprised at the cranking amps some of them are rated for but for their size I wouldn't think there would be much reserve capacity for those times you need to crank on it that *1 more time" to get it started ... Though back in 76 none of them even the big car size batteries had many cranking amps
But they had plenty of reserve, which was why so many people jimmy rigged them to tractors and riding mowers

Would a regular size lawn and garden tractor battery fit? 2 choices there, same dimensions just opposite posts of each other U1 or U1R
All the seats roper built machines I had from that era just took a regular size mower battery

Otherwise check out various size motorcycle batteries, im actually surprised at the cranking amps some of them are rated for but for their size I wouldn't think there would be much reserve capacity for those times you need to crank on it that *1 more time" to get it started ... Though back in 76 none of them even the big car size batteries had many cranking amps
But they had plenty of reserve, which was why so many people jimmy rigged them to tractors and riding mowers
No they are to big. I actually found a manual on line that gave me the original battery number for this tractor. It's a 50-N18L-A2 /50-N18L-A3. Thanks for the help. Now to figure which safety switch is holding up the engine from starting.

No they are to big. I actually found a manual on line that gave me the original battery number for this tractor. It's a 50-N18L-A2 /50-N18L-A3. Thanks for the help. Now to figure which safety switch is holding up the engine from starting.
I was gonna say that size sounded like a Honda Goldwing battery and I do believe those battery numbers are it.

The battery is in and ready for pick up. Will do that tomorrow. Just ordered new drive belts and mower deck belt as well as blades today for it. They should be here on the 14th which will be just in time for our son to get home and help get it together , new oil change and tested before we take it to his girlfriends. It starts and runs well after sitting all those years waiting for it's next home. I had to remove the choke cable and free it up which took a bit to do but it is back in and functioning. Pictures when I get a bit of time to get to the garage. Yard work has been in the forefront the last week and that is mostly caught up now. Thanks for looking.

Back