Big week end up coming.

alleyyooper

Tractorologist
Saturday is Main street memories car show Port Huron Mi on the St. Clair river. The one biggest one we attend and the very first we did back in 2017. I like it because it is on the border with Canada VIA the Blue water Bridge. Canada has a easy pass system for their citizens to enter the USA and go back home regulary with out a lot of fuss.

Michigan also has a system for us to enter Canada and return with out a lot of fuss but it cost us over $40.00 for 3 years. Of course you can get a pass port also but that is even more money. Talking to Canadian friend we were told isn't many car shows in Ont. CA.

So with the easy pass many Canadains cross the bridge to show their cars here. They have some beautiful cars and trucks. I like the names for some like Fargo for our US old dodge trucks. One couple brings a old Dodge car whos model name is Desota.

Last year 440 cars and trucks regustered to show their cars and truck for judgeing. Half that 440 were probably Canadian.

Also on Sunday is the Yale Bologna Fest car show put on buy a boy scout troop. I have always wanted to attend that show butnever have been able to.
Yale is about 40 miles north west of the Blue water bridge so I suspect many Canadain cars to attend it.
This year we will be able to attend since Kare told the family that she would not attend our grand sons Birthday party if they held it this Sunday.
So that BD party happened last Sunday.
This show I have been told is big and has antique tractors and semis also along with cars, pick uo trucks and motor cycles.

Can't wait to eat my first car show fried bologna sandwich. I used to fix them at home when you could buy it in a log and cut it as thick as you wanted.

:D Al

No need to worry about the camera. Went the first year and the battery ran dead and I didn't have a spare.
Another show and I had not put a card in the camera. I have two cannons and both do not have internal memorys so need cards.

Al; guy you were talking to is out to lunch. In southern Ontario there are several choices of car show to go to every weekend from May through at least October. In the events calendar in the newspaper "Old Autos" there are 19 shows listed for this coming weekend alone. Google Old Autos Newspaper. It is published in Bothwell Ontario every two weeks all year long.The paper sponsors a huge show in Bothwell on the August 9th and 10th weekend. Huge flea market on the Friday and car show and flea market on the Saturday.Nothing like this newspaper in the USA. Auto flea markets in Bushnell Florida advertise in it. Guy you talked to probably lives in Sarnia and won't drive an hour or two to see a good show. That being said there are shows in Sarnia and the closer towns all the time.
Fargo trucks were sold at Plymouth Chrysler Dealerships just as Mercury trucks were sold at Lincoln Mercury dealerships. DeSoto's were sold in the states as well as Canada.
Have you looked into the cost of a US passport? My Canadian passport cost about $100 for ten years. Ten bucks a year is peanuts.

Al; guy you were talking to is out to lunch. In southern Ontario there are several choices of car show to go to every weekend from May through at least October. In the events calendar in the newspaper "Old Autos" there are 19 shows listed for this coming weekend alone. Google Old Autos Newspaper. It is published in Bothwell Ontario every two weeks all year long.The paper sponsors a huge show in Bothwell on the August 9th and 10th weekend. Huge flea market on the Friday and car show and flea market on the Saturday.Nothing like this newspaper in the USA. Auto flea markets in Bushnell Florida advertise in it. Guy you talked to probably lives in Sarnia and won't drive an hour or two to see a good show. That being said there are shows in Sarnia and the closer towns all the time.
Fargo trucks were sold at Plymouth Chrysler Dealerships just as Mercury trucks were sold at Lincoln Mercury dealerships. DeSoto's were sold in the states as well as Canada.
Have you looked into the cost of a US passport? My Canadian passport cost about $100 for ten years. Ten bucks a year is peanuts.
Ya, southern Ontario the shows are competing for entrants when there are 6 shows within 100 miles the same day
I’m going to a show Saturday here in Thunder Bay. There’s usually auto event every weekend
This show is one of the few I go to as there is no entry fee, free lunch and a bag of swag plus prizes. As well a buskers festival on the same strip

Last edited:
I kinda figured there would be lots of shows in Ontario. Even here on PEI there are a few shows a year, and there are a few car clubs. Some of the antique car/truck guys and girls meet every week on Wednesday evenings at a local Tim Horton's with their vehicles and one club meet for breakfast on Saturday mornings. I went to a show last year at community manor, all the cars, trucks and some tractors parked on the parking lot at the front door of the manor. It was a Sunday and a lot of the older people came out and looked around. Some in wheel chairs. The caregivers at the manor helped those who were not very mobile to get around. I thought it was a great idea, something different for the older people to do on a Sunday. It would bring back memories for some of the residents.

Noel

Yes we had a show like that at a nurseing home a couple years ago in a after work time frame for those who still work and own old stuff.

Was such a hit they do it 4 times a year on different days includeing week ends.
Word got around to other homes so they have started holding at least one a summer.

I did not know the convertible top retracted into the trunk on 60’s TBird. Just never thought about it even though I knew fellow who owned one

Attachments

• A8369CB4-C662-41D6-A5B6-DAF7B254760D.jpeg
    A8369CB4-C662-41D6-A5B6-DAF7B254760D.jpeg
    231.9 KB · Views: 7
I also thought it was only the Fairlane models before they became the Galixie
I see 58's and 59's at car shows is all.

Canadian Friends were at the car show today.
LoL Robbin gave me a copy of the old Auto news and told me it comes out every two months.
Said they like comeing to the Showes in the US because gas is cheaper on our side of the Bridge.

Also told me that as Americans we can get a Easy Pass also as it is issued by Home land Security.

What a show this turned out to be. 3/4 mile of city street with cars lining both sides both north and south of the Black River draw bridge.
They gave a ruff guess of 600 Plus Cars and Trucks from both the USA & Canada.

Parking in the morning was a huge cluster thingie. Arrived at 6:30 AM and was not parked untill after 8:15 AM.
We were Preregistered too.

Lots of gripping about that, I believe the last car was not parked till after 11:00 AM, Maybe it was Noon.

I will post some pictures soon.
We are attending another show today.

Ya took a really long time to walk the 3/4 mile take pictures and say high to old friends from Canada. Had lunc h at a Pizza place on the south end.

We have decided this one was our last show there. I was not happy about how long it took to get parked after preregistering.
I feel we should have been allowed to enter different then those who did preregister.

Looks like next year we will do ther capital city show.

Paul Murry does a nice you tube of the show every year. You can tell we were not around or that guy would not have been useing our car as a leaning post. We are at 2:21 in the vido , our canadain frinds are across the street with their Pontiac.

:D
clear.png
Al

Kare got ther youtube stopped and said I was the dummy leaning on our car talking to our Mustang neighbour.

I once owned a 70 Plymouth Duster this color with the same black vinyl top. That green is not my favorite color but the car got me there and back.
Port-Huron-028.jpg

Dusteers were nice cars. always hd reliable engines starting with the slant 6.

I still have a lot more pictures to up load here. I only took 101 pictures of the 600 + cars/trucks there.

Back