Blew a Fuse--Went to NAPA--Blew a fuse!!!

CRF6179

Goofologist
I was diagnosing the E12s Elec-trac Sunday when I realized that part of the problem was a blown fuse.
I didn't have any of the old style glass fuse. Needed 20 amp.
Monday the wife had an upper G. I. done . So while she was occupied I went to a NAPA not far from the hospital.
Two 20 amp fuses were $2.16. Didn't realize prices went up that high!!! :mad:
I had plenty of time so I went across town to Harbor Freight. I got a package of 60 fuses in 6 different sizes for $7.20.
10 of which were 20 amp. That's $.12 each.:)

Attachments

• 20220613_141319.jpg
    20220613_141319.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220613_141751.jpg
    20220613_141751.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 8
I haven’t went in a Napa for years. We have one left.

We had a huge Napa with an in house machine shop. It was great! Back when I actually worked on cars I had them do several heads and bore one block and assemble the bottom end. Those guys did amazing work.

How long has he been in business? Owners of business with sucky attitudes usually don't last long, and shouldn't!
He’s been there a long time but his days are numbered. Until two years ago he was the only parts place around that was within a half hours drive. Now within the same area we now have a KOI and a AutoZone. Every time I go to town no one is at his place but the others have customers parked in their lots. I use to like ORileys but that’s a 45 minute drive. I’m starting to like AutoZone, they are very friendly, will do an engine diagnostic for free, and they have your parts in stock without Napas next day wait.

Have NAPA in town. 30 miles E or W are several others p[arts stores. O'Rileys from the one town makes 1 delivery trip in to tows a day and will make the second trip if needed. If they can deliver 30 miles at a lower price than NAPA will sell locally there is a pricing issue. Both are nation wide companies.

My buddy runs a shop. He uses advanced for everything. Says they give him the best prices and free delivery.

If I need stuff I have him order it and they deliver it to his shop 2 miles from my house. He even gives me his discount. But all I get are brake parts, oil change supplies, air filters and the occasional battery.

Hey there Rick,
Would that be the store in hoopeston? I (am forced to) deal with the one in Watseka for work.
The same guy owns both. Among a total of 23 stores in IL/IN. I don't care much for this store. Dumb as a box of rocks counter help. I like the Napa in Kentland IN so much better. Instead of "can't get that" (cuz they know no better) Kentland says "oh yeah no problem, I got a guy". Different franchisee.
But unfortunately since my work signed a contract with Napa corporate everything we buy has to come thru them. Even if it's something dealer only, Napa has to go buy it , and then resell it to us. Stupid.

Back