Bolens questions

Ky wil

Hopefully I'm trading for a ol bolens walker and just wanting to get all the info I can on one. Looks like I missing the hood, how hard would one be to find or build? Also those look like planet jr tooling on the cultivators? Any information will be appreciated, thanks Wil

The tooling like that is still being made today, and was in use for yrs and yrs, after the only Planet patents ran out. Very common to see this as a lot of companies just purchase tooling from Planet, instead of having to reinvent the wheel to make dies and build their own.
You tractor looks like a 12bb model or very similar model. The cult unit is one of the last types built for the walkers, with the levers to raise or lower the depth. The hood is basically only a half round piece of tin, with a small lip bent along the bottom egde, the rear has to bolts that go thru the ones on the tank, the front has screws that attached it to the grill part. Looks like your going to have to find some better rims, as most of the Bolens tractors had loaded tires, and it ate out the rims.

Well I got the bolens home know to start the parts hunt. First off can anyone help me id this engine? Also where a good place to find parts?
Thanks Wil

well that pretty easy, 8B6, means you have a model 8 Briggs, with a 6-1 gear reduction. If you have to replace this engine, you will have to use one with a 6-1 gearbox on it, or learn to run really fast after it. Almost all parts for this engine are still avilabull at a Briggs dealer. Brian Bolens, right here on this site can get you all the thing you might need, providing you need parts and not just need a points reset or cleaning of the carb.

Idk why I was focused on the r in there instead of the 8 lol. I got to admit I'm not very up on this old single cylinder engines. Most the time when I got a walker the engine was missing or had a newer replacement so I just got a hf to put on it. I wouldn't like to keep this one og since I have the engine though worse part is it locked, but I have transmission fluid in it soaking hopefully it will come loose easy.

Back