Briggs Vanguard help

Dpregs

Hey guys. I am working on getting an 18hp Vanguard 350777-1137 E1 engine going so that I can pop it into a walk behind. I am working my way through most of it, but I got to this point and I am unsure, so I am looking for some help if you can. The engine is off a JD GT235, but I don't have the wire harness from the dash to the engine, so I am making my own. I'm stuck with this one issue and I don't want to run engine without it solved for fear of damage.

On the engine side of the harness there is a cap labeled Caplugs 25/32 SC and I am not sure what it does. I do know that the wires go to the carb and the oil filter. Any ideas? Here are some pics:

Attachments

• 20210128_110037.jpg
    20210128_110037.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 20210128_111205.jpg
    20210128_111205.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 20210128_111226.jpg
    20210128_111226.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 16
Caplugs is a brand of plastic plugs for industry. Pull up the carpet in your car, all those black plastic plugs you find in the floor boards and trunk were made by them. It may be a dummy plug to keep it from corrosion or might be a jumper to short the leads in the harness to each other, maybe some other applications for the engine have something that plugs in there that isn't used on the donor machine?

Thank you for the reply! I don't have the donor machine unfortunately. The wires lead to the oil pressure switch and the fuel solenoid. I was hoping to figure out the wiring harness so I could connect it to the switch.

And after googling random combinations of words and going down the rabbit hole, I think I stumbled onto my answer...

Attachments

• opswitch.JPG
    opswitch.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 11
Okay, maybe not. I can identify from the harness connector to the engine, just need to figure out wires coming from switch to that harness.

I have the repair manual for the OHV twins, but it's too large to upload here. Send me a PM with your e-nail and I'll send a link to it that way.

I have the repair manual for the OHV twins, but it's too large to upload here. Send me a PM with your e-nail and I'll send a link to it that way.
Thanks Kenny. I have the repair manual 272144. Maybe I am just not seeing it in the manual. I will look again. It does look like inside that cap is a small circuit board, but I don't see reference to it anywhere in the manual or parts manual.

I appreciate you searching too! That is the regulator, I'm getting lost in how to wire harness to key switch

Find the manual for the original tractor engine was in?? That carb selinoid needs to be on whenever the switch is on in run position. ON smaller briggs, that sometimes goes thru the coil or mag shut-off wire. So when engine shut down, the selinoid in carb closes off too.

Hey guys. I am working on getting an 18hp Vanguard 350777-1137 E1 engine going so that I can pop it into a walk behind. I am working my way through most of it, but I got to this point and I am unsure, so I am looking for some help if you can. The engine is off a JD GT235, but I don't have the wire harness from the dash to the engine, so I am making my own. I'm stuck with this one issue and I don't want to run engine without it solved for fear of damage.

On the engine side of the harness there is a cap labeled Caplugs 25/32 SC and I am not sure what it does. I do know that the wires go to the carb and the oil filter. Any ideas? Here are some pics:
I know this is late but it's a low battery sensor. I'm also looking for one.

Back