Brought Home a Farmall H

Got a few more engine parts cleaned up in the blast cabinet. I then treated the block and blasted parts with somo to prevent rust. I need to clean a few more parts and then I will epoxy prime everything.

100_2315 (Medium).JPG100_2316 (Medium).JPG100_2317 (Medium).JPG100_2318 (Medium).JPG100_2319 (Medium).JPG

Are you going to paint after you put it together?

I was going to epoxy prime everything first and then do a thorough washing with hot soapy water to clean all the oil passages and internal parts. I haven't decided on whether to spray a couple coats of red at that point and a couple more after assemby or just get the long block assembled and then spray. There are a few parts that will have to be painted off so I can get good coverage behind where the parts bolt on.

Hey cjet if your really feeling bummed about not having any more parts to blast I can send you a box:)

Nice to know somebody looking out for me. ;) If I ever run out of projects I'll let you know.

Has the next snow storm reached you yet? If you could send me a few boxes of snow it would be appreciated. :thumbs:

Nice to know somebody looking out for me. ;) If I ever run out of projects I'll let you know.

Has the next snow storm reached you yet? If you could send me a few boxes of snow it would be appreciated. :thumbs:
Its coming this evening and all night and tomorrow 3-5 inches tonight 5-6 inches Saturday so they say if it were up to me I'd turn the whole business 180 and head it your way that's the kind of guy I am

Good morning well so far we have lucked out only gotten about 2 or so inches of snow but the wind is howling around 20 to 30 mph cjet I did what I could been looking at the radar and the Dakotas are pretty much covered normally that means we will be getting bit to my surprise for now its moving to the north west don't see that very often

Good morning well so far we have lucked out only gotten about 2 or so inches of snow but the wind is howling around 20 to 30 mph cjet I did what I could been looking at the radar and the Dakotas are pretty much covered normally that means we will be getting bit to my surprise for now its moving to the north west don't see that very often

Well that's less work for you and more time to spend on your projects. It will probably hit you twice as hard on the next go-round. :eek: We got down to 20* F last night and it will be sunny all day and then the next system will be moving in. Temps are suppose to range from the low 40's to mid 40's with shower's. No snow predicted any time soon.

I had a few small parts to clean the rust off of. I thought it would be a good test for our new HF Vibratory Tumbler. It worked pretty good and look forward to using it to clean up all the bolts for this project.

100_2344 (Medium).JPG100_2342 (Medium).JPG100_2349 (Medium).JPG

Pulled the lifters out of the block and started cleaning them up. They look like they were never cleaned so I started with a solvent bath and then into the sonic cleaner filled with simple green. Had to use some scotchbrite to clean the carbon off of the end of the lifter.

100_2361 (Medium).JPG100_2363 (Medium).JPG

Hi cjet so does simple green work good in the ultrasonic cleaner mostly I've used parts washer solvent or ATF/Acetone mix. Your making progress are H's worth much out your way around here the prices have really dropped and interest is low

It works pretty good on the carburetors I've done. This is the first engine parts that I have done and I found I had to remove most of the crud with solvent before running it thru the sonic cleaner. Might work better with a stronger cleaner, but I've been gun shy about using anything flammable. I did see a trick that I need to try with the sonic cleaner. A guy on Youtube says you can put your parts in a small glass or plastic container with the solvent of your choice and then just fill the sonic cleaner full of water. Then set the container with parts and solvent in the water and the sonic waves will transfer through and clean the parts.

The old tractors aren't worth much out here either unless its something rare. That being said I see quite a few on CL that people are asking a lot for them in my opinion. If you buy the tractors for scrap price and do all of the work yourself you can break even on them unless they need tires all the way around. If you buy a "restored" tractor you never know what your getting and might have to do a bunch of work to them anyway. At least when you do the work yourself you know whats been done and if its screwed up you know who to blame.:(

JD's about any model and year bring in the preium price here and if it has had a paint that looks good nearly gold oz prices. Next are the n series Ford's N's and behind that the 2000 series and up to 7000 for stock farm tractor pulling class here.

Every one wants the compact 4x4 tractors today. even though I consider them totaly unsafte till you wide the stance of them out.

:D Al

Back