Buick for sale in my area.

Propane1

Tractorologist
Not mine. I Just seen it at a car show last week. Fella has had it for years. Big car.

Noel

Attachments

• 27607650-0702-4CC5-9A92-4145F3458768.jpeg
    27607650-0702-4CC5-9A92-4145F3458768.jpeg
    170 KB · Views: 25
  • E5177F96-9C6F-446C-AE42-1525BC432CCD.jpeg
    E5177F96-9C6F-446C-AE42-1525BC432CCD.jpeg
    234.9 KB · Views: 25
Had a 70 Electra. Very nice car and rode like you were on a cloud. 20 mpg on the highway and maybe 12 in town. Step on it and it would go like a scalded cat.

I would be proud to roll in that! I dig the big cars like that for some reason. We went through some hard times back in the early '80's for a while and the folks that owned the local speedway loaned us a beautiful '68 Electra 225 for a summer as we were down to just my truck but my wife needed to get to work, and I worked unpredictable hours. Driving her just wasn't going to work. We were glad to get back on our feet and give the car back, but it was sure a treat having it for awhile!

DAC

When I was in high school I worked at a Target store in Tulsa, OK. During those years, before the fall of the Shah of Iran, there were a lot of Iranians and Jordanians in Tulsa going to Spartan School of Aeronautics. There was a Jordanian I worked with that had a Buick LeSabre.... a mid-70’s boat, but it was an absolutely beautiful car and he was really proud of it. Nice shade of silvery-blue, nice wheels.... I told him he looked like a pimp driving it... :):)

yeah I know what you mean, I had that issue with my 78 Sport Fury a couple of times when I took it out of winter storage over the years I have had it... but since I stopped storing it where I did when the mice discovered it and started putting it at my Mom's garage for the winter instead, no more mouse problems. used to keep it in a barn that a friend owns. not any more.
judging by what this guy who has the Buick, what his house and yard look like, I would say I tend to doubt he has much rodent problems... he keeps up on things quite nicely.

you get many older cars come up for sale out there? How have they held up in your area?
I just sold my 97 Jeep this past week, (got rid of 2 of my old beaters) and it had held up surprisingly well over the past 19 years that I had it, but just this past winter in particular, I watched the rust progress very quickly. After having had it that long it was actually quite depressing the deterioration that happened to it in just this past winter vs the previous 18.... I'd really like to find a Dart or Duster, or even a 71-74 Charger or Satellite, that has beaten the odds and still has a solid body....

They used to use a lot more salt on the roads in the winter then they do now. So many of the vehicles from the 70's and 80's are dealing with rust. Some of the cities still do so you have to be on your toes when buying an older vehicle.
I used to be a big fan older vehicles but as I've gotten older things like AC and a nice ride have become more important. Go back and look at the older muscle cars and there really isn't much for personal amenities in them. My Formula S Barracuda road like a lumber wagon, got lousy mileage and was noisy.
I still like to look at them though.

Back