Carburetor compatibility

bobcat2

Tractorologist
Hello all,

I was wonering if anyone has or knows of a carburetor compatibility chart? I was curious to know if anything is compatible with a Tecumseh 632425 from an HH120.

A replacement that is hot right now for the Tecs is using a carb from a Kohler. They bolt right up but you may have to change the linkage/throttle cable. It is recommended to use an 8 hp Kohler carb on the 10 -12 Tecs motors as they are jetted richer.

There are also some cheapo china carbs that are being made, but I've hear both good and bad stories.

If you want a factory replacement, hook up with Brian(Bolens1000) at Bolens parts and supplies here on the forum. They seem expensive, but actually a decent price for a OEM style part.

I did a bit more research into it, looks like a Carter 16 will mesh up like you said, I'll have to modify the linkages.

I've bought 3 Chinese knockoff carbs, one for a Honda generator and one for a Briggs generator both worked flawlessly, one for my Tecumseh wood chipper would not adjust right...just have to make sure I shut the fuel off when I'm done. I guess 2 out of 3 isn't bad.

The big thing I noticed on the Honda knockoff was the lack of a fuel screen/drain bowl, but I just put an inline filter and shut off valve on it. I know they aren't the best thing, but when it may not be worth dumping $100 into a new carb, $15 hurts a whole lot less.

Back