case 220 paint colors

jabelman

Tractorologist
looking for suggestions for something close in rattle cans that would match case garden tractor colors for an early 70s case 220

desert sunset and red

it's a working tractor not a show tractor and doesn't need to be perfect match

Case IH have the right paint in stock in spray cans and Quarts.
I have used there paint and and is very good. if you use Quarts you can put Hardner in it. It don't fade like others. You get what you pay for.
thanks Bill

I painted an old 220 with Chevrolet Orange and Tremclad Recreational White one time. It looked pretty good. The orange was a close match but the white not so much, the Case colour was more of an almond colour.

Personally I'd rather use the correct colours but this looked good for a quick flip.

20121020_174731.jpg

Both colors are readily available in rattlecan at the dealer. I used genuine Case/IH paint to redo this pedal tractor on the Desert Sunset part. The Case Red [orange] is early Chevrolet Engine Orange which is exactly the same color. [same as Power King tractors too] Generic Chevy orange was cheaper so that's the way I went. The genuine Case stuff back then was $8/can which I thought was crazy expensive, but its a "high solids" paint and goes a long ways. The quality was like no other rattlecan I'd seen and it laid down crazy good. I bet 1/3 of the can at most is all I used for this pedal tractor.
Van Sickle Paints have both colors as well and although I love V/S paints in the mix-your-own, never got along very well with their rattlecans. V/S rattlecans dry too slow for me and fade if left out in the sun.
notice!!
There are 2 "Chevrolet Engine Orange's". The early one is the exact match.
Casepedal4.jpg

Last edited:
Back