Case IH 254 Tractor

JBRamsey

Tractorologist
Does anyone have insight in the Case 254 tractor? They have a 3 cylinder Mitsubishi engine. 21, 24 HP depending on where you look. I've come across one that looks to be a pretty good deal.

Thanks.

What kind of info are you looking for? They're a pretty decent tractor overall and my dad used to sell them when they were new. My biggest complaint from the few I've worked on is that all the levers for the shifters and hitch are too close to the seat for my large backside to be comfortable

Any info on them. Run well? Parts hard to get? I would ask vale but I know that varies way too much.

As long as they get semi regular oil changes they run great. I've got a 275 which is a generation newer at work that we use to move stuff around and it has around 3500 hours on it and as far as I remember it's only ever needed a water pump and the valves adjusted a couple times. As for parts I believe that most of the common wear type drive line and electrical parts are still available new either from Case-IH or aftermarket. The price does vary a lot depending on location. I did see a 254 with loader on my local craigslist a couple months ago for around $7800 from a Mahindra dealer that I know and it was one my dad sold new and had a lot of hard hours on it. It was listed for less than a week and it sold for probably close to the asking price. For some reason with compact tractors like these starting from the mid 80's and newer they seem to hold 60-75% of their original msrp around here

If it retained 60 to 75% of its msrp that was one expensive tractor new...

7800 is insane for that. Last year you could get John deere sub compact for 12k brand new

Back