Chey Caprice El Camino thing

4getgto

Bill from Northampton County, Pennsylvania
Seen this in a auction house the other day. Couldn't get a lot details on it other than its a chevy Caprice (with flip up hood) with some kind of up pick-up bed on it. Tail gate is non- functional. Mostly all fiberglass other that doors ( I think). What's under the hood I have no idea. Like to see it out in the open. The guy I talked to there didn't know a whole it.. Looked to be pretty nicely done...
2022-10-18_09-41-52_436.jpg

2022-10-18_09-41-59_401.jpg 2022-10-18_09-40-55_273.jpg 2022-10-18_09-41-22_874.jpg

Is it front wheel drive Bill ? Hard to see about what year it is too. From looking at the interior, it looks like an older style car. Could be rear drive if older style. Could be any engine in it. Maybe even electric. Hehe.
Some body put a lot of time and money into that vehicle.
One beside it looked goo too.

Noel

Is it front wheel drive Bill ? Hard to see about what year it is too. From looking at the interior, it looks like an older style car. Could be rear drive if older style. Could be any engine in it. Maybe even electric. Hehe.
Some body put a lot of time and money into that vehicle.
One beside it looked goo too.

Noel
I don't know if it's front or rear wheel drive. Its roped in and can't get real close to see much. Honestly didn't even bend over to see.
I too think its an older model chassis. Older I mean late 80's, 90's early 2000. I'll try to get more details this coming week.
It does look nice the little I seen of it.

There is some very good quality work on this, but I'm kinda like Willie---it's interesting! Also, like Chris said that dash arrangement looks to be 70's, maybe 80's. The door does have a little similarity to a 80's Caprice, Impala 4 door. I forget what the dash looked like in them even though I helped cut a few up for dirt track stock cars---LOL! The seats look a lot like 60's Mustang? They worked hard to make sure it was hard to recognize anything.

DAC

If you scroll down about half in the link below you'll see more pictures of the car we've been talking about. They're saying its a 1989 Caprice. This goes off at auction this coming Tuesday..Has a starting bid of $15k which nobody bit on yet....
BTW. that Buick GTX (also shown) has a starting bid at $40k. That IS a amazing car. I seen that...and a little drool left on it too..!

Screenshot_20221124-181105.png

Last edited:
There's some nice stuff in that auction, Bill, but like you the Buick is slobbering material! That is one gorgeous machine! Someone will by the "Caprice" but they may have to go down on the price. The craftsmanship will sell it, not the design!

DAC

Back