Chinese Kohler Carbs

Lily'sDad

GMC, They Said
I was on a brand specific GT forum and one member stated that it's better to buy a China copy carb than to spend the time and money on rebuilding an old Kohler carb. He gave this ad as an example.https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carburetor-....c100005.m1851
I noticed a statement the seller made and sent him a message.

"Note: This is High Quality Aftermarket Parts And Tested For Maximum Performance

My question-How are these tested???
His answer-Yes and Thanks!
Hmmmm. Do you think the guy blows through each one of them before he sell it? Should I buy one for my Kohler M14?
"

He thought you were a Native American greeting him before asking your question.
I have been tempted to try them for my Teccy's but I keep getting them running ok.
Bowl gaskets have always been my big hang up and I think that may be solved.

The chinese carbs are priced accordingly , the old addage you get what you pay for applies to these, I like to experiment with all the parts before I offer them for sale on my site and the chinese kohler ones that are around $50 are 50/50 some leak out of the box some still running ok.

As for the Tecumseh carbs OEM is the only way to go. Almost all carbs & kits are still available and made right in Wisconsin by american hands, most tecumseh carbs are priced under $100 as well

I like to experiment with all the parts before I offer them for sale on my site and the chinese kohler ones that are around $50 are 50/50 some leak out of the box some still running ok.

l
Do you think rebuilding an original is a better idea?

I agree, rebuild the original even if you have to put a bushing in for the throttle shaft.

I agree, but the tractors I seem to pick up have been sitting outside for years in all kinds of weather. I have bought a couple of the "Cheep-ese" carbs because I dont want to put big bucks into an engine that is going turn out to be a dud anyways...So far I have had pretty good luck with these carbs.

I did order one that took forever to get here and when it did, the float was broken....After complaining, they refunded my money

ive been using them for a couple of yrs and most have been good to go, but had a couple that the needle and seat needed replaced.
I still rebuild the OEMs too.

I bought one and put on the 110 but even adjusting it I couldn't get it to idle. Rebuilt the old one idles fine just need a throttle bushing now.

no thanks.../ we're forced to buy too much product from "over there" as it is.... a rebuilt original Kohler carb is the better deal even if it costs more... you get what you pay for...
IDK about the Kohler ones but with the Tecumseh knockoffs they even tell you that you can't use OE rebuild parts on those when the time comes.... I guess they figure you'll toss them and buy another new one.... typical of today's mentality overall... goes against us playing with old tractors in the 1st place, doesn't it?
You'd think that with everyone buying the Chinese knockoffs there'd be plenty of rebuildable original Kohler cores available cheap to be rebuilt.... I could use a couple of #26s myself.

Back