Classic insurance.

alleyyooper

Tractorologist
A lot of auto insurance companys are giving discounts or money back due to people driving less during rhe pandemic.

We have our 1985 Buick Lesabre insured thru Amercian Collectors. the renew notice came a couple days ago. Again same coverage matches all the Libility and such of our normal car insurance, still a 7000 mile driveing limit, catastrophe coverage, and up to 500.00 worth of spare parts cover in case the garage were to burn with spare parts.

Car is also covered in storage from Nov first to April 1st.
Our rate is $28o.00 per year, but that I don't feel is all that bad.

But the Buick is still in storage Every show we attend has been cancled to date, and most we had planed on attending to the last weekend in july is also cancled. So looks as if the Buick will not see a show this year at all.

We asked for a reduction to the insurance cost due to the Buick remaining in storage.
We were told that we could put the buick in perment storage would drop $100.00 off next years cost not this year.
Seems odd to me since it is this year we will have it in storage so seems this years premium should reflect the change?

How are you other guys dealing with the storage issue?

Al

Not dealing with storage but Carolyn and I both got a $30 check from our company's. She has a different company for the van she drives. Got personal liability along with full coverage on the van for $25 less. I already get that discount as I have the property covered with the same compay and the Avalanche.

We got $32 rebate from Allstate

I have my ‘41 IHC insured through Allstate as well. Cheaper than Haggerty since I take it off the road 6 months of the year and there are NO restrictions as with typical specialty car insurance such as Haggerty. Most folks never read that fine print

Back