Clinton two stroke

MFDAC

Tractorologist
Some of you know we have been scavenging at my wife's aunt's ranch. My wife found this little Clinton two-stroke, hoping it was the engine that powered one of the washing machines she is making into big flower pots. She wanted to make it look complete. I told her it's a cool little engine but it's not for the washer due to crank location and fuel tank location. I think those old washing machines used a foot pedal to start them although I don't remember actually seeing one.

I was pretty shoked that the gas cap came off easily and the inside of the tank is surprisingly clean! Must be the oil in the gas. Anyway I'm just curious to application and age of these little engines. It is locked up. Thanks for any info!

DAC

Attachments

• DSCN2562.JPG
    DSCN2562.JPG
    215.3 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCN2565.JPG
    DSCN2565.JPG
    163.2 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCN2567.JPG
    DSCN2567.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 15
I'd say a early lawnmower engine Doug. Maytag made most of the engines for their washing machines, and like you said, they started with a pedal. They had single and a few twin cylinder ones. I seen a video where a guy made a small replica John Deere two cylinder tractor for his kid, it had a Maytag engine in it, sounded just like a JD.

I'd say a early lawnmower engine Doug. Maytag made most of the engines for their washing machines, and like you said, they started with a pedal. They had single and a few twin cylinder ones. I seen a video where a guy made a small replica John Deere two cylinder tractor for his kid, it had a Maytag engine in it, sounded just like a JD.
1950's, would you think Jake? Thanks for the info!

DAC

Back