Other Covered Bridge Festival

I'll be there Sun thru Wed. at least that's the days I have reserved at the campground/ meaning I'll have only Mon and Tues to run around... you gonna try that "weightless" ride again? I'd like to have seen that.. (Ive seen the ride-- walk by it several times each year--- but never seen anyone but a kid be on it)
I have to say that the last couple of years haven't been as "good" at the flea market/garage sale portion as it was in previous years....

Got into the campground and set up yesterday a little later than I wanted to, after my son got married The day before/
Heater working great but fridge don't wanna light on propane, it's a 3 way 12v/ 120v/ propane one. Were in a non electric site, so gotta run it that way. Can't run the generator overnight or the camp security will come shut it down for me after 11. I have a 12v deep cycle battery directly wired for the heater blower motor for overnight.
On the fridge it worked great on propane 3 months ago, now I get an orange flame that won't last. The fridge is only a couple of years, and 4 campouts old. I'm thinking that there's a spider web plugging a jet somewhere. When all is right, it works best on propane vs the other 2 power choices when all choices are available. 12v is the worst as that option really sucks the battery dry rather fast.

Well, we're back. The wife always feels better after more retail therapy. Yeah DT, Mansfield seems to lose a few more dealers every year. I don't care, I prefer Bridgeton anyway. Much better atmosphere. Veetersburg flea market was closed this year. Steam Corners was smaller. Some of the dealers that I've seen forever were gone. Time moves on.

... you gonna try that "weightless" ride again?

No, once proved my point. They had a giant inflatable human hamster ball my wife tried to get me in. Nope! At 73 I have to start acting my age or I'll never get disability.
At another spot they had a frame sort of like a kiddie swing stand. The sign said if you could suspend yourself from it for 100 seconds, they would pay you $200. I walked over to it and reached up and grabbed it flat footed; and I just looked at him. He said no, I had to lift up my

Veedersburg closed? Huh. We took a different route than usual and didn't drive past on the way here was planning on hitting that spot on the way home. Didn't miss anything then. Was gonna get on I 74 and get off right at veedersburg but when I got to the overpass and saw all the construction barrels we passed it up
I saw the big hamster balls and that $200 hang challenge thing
We went further down Indiana 59 past Mansfield into Brazil first yesterday, and checked out their sales, discovered that area last year for the 1st time in all the time we have been coming here.
Found a guy with a LONG extension cord on a spool while in Brazil, he thought there was 125 to 150 feet of cable for $20. He was wrong. I didn't measure it out but unspooled it at the campground, I'm thinking there is about double what he said if not more. We were able to cheat the system last night because of that cord. We are camping in the non electric part of the campground, have a generator and a 12v deep cycle battery with us but the 1st night there was a huge motorhome parked right next to the shower house, we remembered there was a 2 outlet receptacle on the side of the shower house that we have charged our phones on in past years. The big rv had plugged into that outlet but didn't need as long of a cord as we would. When I saw that spool I got the idea, wondered if it would reach that outlet to our popup. It did and would reach there and back again if I wanted it to. We are across the lane and behind the shower house, was hoping they wouldn't make us unplug. At least it's black and blends in with the pavement at night.
So we were able to save our battery juice for the night. My generator has a 12v charging port, we run that during the hours that generators are allowed to keep it charged. The battery does last all night as we only use it for the blower motor in we heater. We were hoping that the roving guard wouldn't make us unplug. So far so good. The campground isn't that busy like it has been in past years for this fest.

After Brazil we hit a few local sales and made our way to Mansfield. Today is bridgeton and tomorrow we gotta head back to illinois. Usually we head further east and check out the sales out towards Morton but last year didn't impress. There's one guy at the East end of town that has a bunch of tools and such, I have most of what I need, but even my buddy who works at the campground who grew up in the next town from where I did in Illinois, says that that vendor is crazy on his prices.

Last edited:
Oh. I mentioned the old guy on the weightless ride, and my wife said oh yeah/ I remember seeing an old guy on that thing a few years ago.
And they'll deny you disability? If you want that, I've heard you gotta do what it takes to speed up the process.....those rides might be just the ticket to get it Sooner!

Last edited:
We went further down Indiana 59 past Mansfield into Brazil first yesterday, and checked out their sales, discovered that area last year for the 1st time in all the time we have been coming here.
I've never been to Brazil. How big is the market there?
The trick to the hang bar is, there is a tube over the pipe. When you get tired and let your wrist sag, it will roll around and dump your grip off.
My you tube site;

IDK if they have a 2nd machine as a backup or something but today we saw an unattended orbitron machine on the end of the parking lot west of 59, by Mansfield, on the road to bridgeton. And you're right. We are heading back to the campground now, went by what is left of steam corner. Wow what a joke. Sitting by the ice cream stand on the corner at the turnoff to turkey run waiting for my wife to come out so we can go back to the campground, start the fire and fry up something to eat.

Back