Craftsman 5600W generator seal replacement

Wow Larry I was sweating bullets with you on ever seeing the piece of all thread again. Impacts are great but not feeling the pressure sometimes gets me in trouble. Once again always enjoy your videos and your patience. My only problem with your videos they remind me how much I need to organize and keep things clean better.

Just swapped generator heads last week. A neighbor's wife gave $400 at a pallet sale place for a 5500 watt generator. Engine runs great, but no AC. I took cover off to find wires removed, so it was a bring back. I was given a 5,000 watt generator with thrown rod years ago, so I told him if he paid labor I'd give him the generator head. So to remove the bad head I just loosened the retainer bolt, then through the cooling slots I pried on the armature and whacked the bolt and she popped right off. He now has something to show for his money but is only $100 from full retail, but at least he has a working generator.

The wrong guy with the wrong hammer and that thing would be in the strap heap...
Waiting for you next video Larry..
Just be sure to heli-coil the stripped end threads before you put it back together.. It's just like snowmobile engines to clutches. Gotta have a puller to separate them.. They pop right off. Interesting watch!

Another thing I did with my Genny was I installed some locking wheels to move the thing around without having to pick it up.. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Just be sure to heli-coil the stripped end threads before you put it back together.. It's just like snowmobile engines to clutches. Gotta have a puller to separate them.. They pop right off. Interesting watch!

Another thing I did with my Genny was I installed some locking wheels to move the thing around without having to pick it up.. Just a thought.
The stripped threads do not hold anything on. The threads in the tapered shaft with the 7" bolt does, and they are fine.

Back