Craftsman II with mtd blower

daytime dave

Tractorologist
When I got my Craftsman, it came with an MTD snow blower. Once I got the GT where I wanted it to be, I started to look at how I wanted to mount the snow blower for testing this winter. I ordered some parts from Sears and was able to mount the blower. The PTO hardware was mounted underneath as best I could. A couple of rope measurements and a few lucky guesses and the belts were installed.
It worked fine. Fast forward to yesterdays 4 - 6 inches of snow and an adjustment to a belt tensioner and I was getting the correct performance to blow snow. The terra tracs were mixed results on the steep driveway. The blower did what it should and will be a decent back up for the next place. I finished the driveway with the Ariens walk behind as usual.

50776969692_278959386f_c_d.jpg
50776858681_9121f9edf1_c_d.jpg
50776969707_4d9afec8a9_c_d.jpg
50776969572_afc7fe7797_c_d.jpg

When I got my Craftsman, it came with an MTD snow blower. Once I got the GT where I wanted it to be, I started to look at how I wanted to mount the snow blower for testing this winter. I ordered some parts from Sears and was able to mount the blower. The PTO hardware was mounted underneath as best I could. A couple of rope measurements and a few lucky guesses and the belts were installed.
It worked fine. Fast forward to yesterdays 4 - 6 inches of snow and an adjustment to a belt tensioner and I was getting the correct performance to blow snow. The terra tracs were mixed results on the steep driveway. The blower did what it should and will be a decent back up for the next place. I finished the driveway with the Ariens walk behind as usual.

That's similar to our setup. We have a green Craftsman GT6000 with the Kohler 18.5 engine. The blower is an MTD 40" two stage. All we did was cut the center mounting brackets off for front axle clearance, weld a slotted mounting plate with locking latch on the front, and make some blocks with 1/2" bolts to catch the rear mounting slots. Its worked great so far.

GOPR0566-m.JPGGOPR0569-m.JPGGOPR0573-m.JPGGOPR0575-m.JPGGOPR0576-m.JPGGOPR0584-m.JPG

I have one of those blower a buddy gave me year ago, used it on my craftsman LT for a few years. Once I got into suburbans with blades, blower is just in the way now. Haven't used it since 2011

Back