cultivators, Q.

holdenboy1960 (Shane )

Tractorologist
i know there are a few sorts of cultivators out there , like single row , duel row and v or wing style ,

asking you Guys what you all prefer as i want to make a heavy set after a bit , but not sure what would be best for a lighter type tractor like my home made

IMG_20180907_172822.jpg

Shane

Well, I’d say given my limited experience, the brinly cultivator I have makes a poor tool for breaking up clods, but that’s “here”

Makes a better chisel plow if there’s very little trash on top, if there’s much trash or weeds it’s a dump rake. Then the plow gets hooked up.

For busting up clods my go to is a simplicity disk that the previous owner modified to be a pull behind with a drawbar.

Well, I’d say given my limited experience, the brinly cultivator I have makes a poor tool for breaking up clods, but that’s “here”

Makes a better chisel plow if there’s very little trash on top, if there’s much trash or weeds it’s a dump rake. Then the plow gets hooked up.

For busting up clods my go to is a simplicity disk that the previous owner modified to be a pull behind with a drawbar.

Same problems i have with my homemade cultivators rubbish on top is a disaster , clogs and just drags the rubble

I like using my cultivated as a chisel to break up the ground in the spring. I have the sharks spread fairly far apart. A 4" shovel behind each wheel and a 2" centered. I try to get them down in a good 6" to get the ground to fracture. This helps to dry it out faster for tilling.

my tines are only 3" home made from heavy-ish angle iron reshaped and cut to suit , did have 5 tines but took 1 out when i done the receiver hitch system , i want to build the next set heavier IMG_20180817_161656.jpg was thinking the wing or v-set would not drag as much rubble,
but not sure ?

Back