Decided to sell the GT5000

MNGB

Tractorologist
I decided to sell my Craftsman GT 5000 with the 42" snowblower 54" mowing deck a sleeve hitch wheel wts chains, winter cab and a Sears front dirt scoop, put ads on CL and Facebook market place asked $1450.00. That was 2 /3 days ago,CL got me 2 scammers and one legit response, got about 10 responses off FB of which 3/4 were scammers but did get 3 people that had a real interest and wanted to come look at it the first guys was suppose to come last evening but he forgot he had something else to do but he did call and want to come by today, and he did come looked it over drove it a bit and tried half heartily to bargain but I said I was holding tight as I had a couple guys to call and he said I had to give it a try but took it. Will come back Saturday for it. I'm going to miss the tractor it is a nice one and I liked it but its time to let loose of some things.
A little extra to share: A scammer on FB messaged me he had $1300.0 would come and look at it and pay via Zelle I replied the price is $1450.00 and I only take cash I then asked where he was located he responds the middle of Alexandria, I life 20 west of Alexandria and it a city of 8/9 thousand so the middle didn't cut it . He comes back he could could go higher but all he used to pay with was Zelle I said good for you all I use is cash , 4 /5 hours later he messaged said he wasn't coming to look and that I stressed him, me to myself GOOD
HPIM1082.JPGHPIM1098.JPGHPIM1747.JPG

This is from Zelles' own web site. Just the fact they say that makes you wonder.. "family and OTHERS YOU TRUST"

"Zelle® is a fast, safe and easy way to send and receive money with friends, family and others you trust. Look for Zelle in your banking app to get started."

And also I believe there's a way to transfer money from Zelle to your own bank account so there shouldn't be any problems with cash...

Congrats Gary as long as your happy that’s what matters. I need to thin some stuff out too it’s getting to be too much work keeping things running and maintained.

You must have gotten that snowflakes panties in a bunch to be stressed. A lot of weirdos out there.

Nice you were able to sell it without too much hassle. I think your going to be glad you found a new home for it. One less thing to maintain.
Yep and I did tell the fellow about the belt problems I had with the blower told him I tried every different I could find, but the rest was good to go deck mows nice dirt bucket work as good as those types do

The fell'm glad I offered ow & his wife came by on Saturday for the GT5000, we were to meet at my shop at 1PM I thought I get there a little early like 12:40 to get everything ready to go pulled up to the shop and they were waiting, got all the attachments loaded, the wife did a drive around she likes it, then I offered to help the fellow install the deck and he was very agreeable to that, glad I offered it turned out to be harder than it should have, to install the snowblower I had slightly modified the deck lift arms so they would raise up out of the way of te SB transmission (otherwise you had to remove them) well we slide the deck under the tractor them I realized the darn arms wouldn't drop down and there wasn't enoigh room to get at them with the deck under the tractor pulled it out got the lift arms down and the install went good , I advised him to do a test mow he did and was very happy with it and they left with big smiles as I did also

Back