Did two car shows this week end.

alleyyooper

Tractorologist
Did two car shows this week end. Ortonville Mi was having their September fest holding a car show along with it Saturday. Very nice show with nearly 200 cars and trucks, nice weather but fall cool. A very good DJ was playing correct peroid music and didn't do any village ads, for exmple all the vendors set up on the streets, several were pricy food truck types.

We hit up the VFW for their veterans special deal hot dog or chilly dog, bag of chips and drink for 3.50, I had to have a second chilly dog for a buck. the chilly was poured on heavy and was very good.

seen several friends from other shows and one I had really wanted to see I could never seem to catxch up with nor just run into while we were both walking and talking to people about their cars.

I did catch his wife at one time at his car. It was quickly apparent she doesn't like car shows and made it knowen. Why she would even go is beyound me and set in the sun readding.
My Kare loves the car shoiws as much as she did the tractor shows when we were showing them, Maybe likes cars/trucks better.

:D Al

Did two car shows this week end. Ortonville Mi was having their September fest holding a car show along with it Saturday. Very nice show with nearly 200 cars and trucks, nice weather but fall cool. A very good DJ was playing correct peroid music and didn't do any village ads, for exmple all the vendors set up on the streets, several were pricy food truck types.

We hit up the VFW for their veterans special deal hot dog or chilly dog, bag of chips and drink for 3.50, I had to have a second chilly dog for a buck. the chilly was poured on heavy and was very good.

seen several friends from other shows and one I had really wanted to see I could never seem to catxch up with nor just run into while we were both walking and talking to people about their cars.

I did catch his wife at one time at his car. It was quickly apparent she doesn't like car shows and made it knowen. Why she would even go is beyound me and set in the sun readding.
My Kare loves the car shoiws as much as she did the tractor shows when we were showing them, Maybe likes cars/trucks better.

:D His wife is likely there because he isn't trusted out on his own. Don

Funny isn't trusted out on his own. Yet she is at the car whineing while he is out looking at cars and talking to people .

Second show was a Buick, Pontiac GMC dealer in Farmington. Pontiac was out of business in 2008 when the old GM folded. Can't say I have ever been so bored in my life. there were five Buicks there I remember seeing, I will have a better count when i see my pictures. There were about five GMC trucks also if my memory is correct. the other 150 cars were Pontiacs. One 1930's one 1940's about 75 GTO's at least. 20 Ferio's and a few firebirds.
Pontiac people are bores when around other pontiac people.

Have crossed this one off the to do list for 2019.

Sounds like my brother was there. His woman hates ... well.... everything, but she damn sure wouldn't allow him to go anywhere without her because he might see, or talk to another woman. :confused:

My wife likes the big shows Back to the Fifties where there are over 10,000 autos and lots to see and do. Local shows she will stop by and do a walk through with me. She's quite a social butterfly and met her match in yakking with a 92 year old fellow at BTT50's. I was at the auction area. He popped the lid on his son's car and said "its beer o'clock" and offered her a beer. When I got there he offered that he was a consultant. I asked him what he consulted on at which he answered " I'm 92, I can consult on just about everything" A very entertaining character for sure.,

My wife liked the tractor shows and now car shows. She now wishes she would have had a recorder to record some of the things she was told.
Stories by old timers farming with the Massey 44 or other when they were young and times were better.

We get stories with the car also, One of the first was of a dad having a Lesabre and drinking while driveing and wrecking rhe car and going to jail when th ecops found him.

Back