Dodge got a new winshield yesterday

I had a new windshield put in the Firebird last week, been cracked for a couple yrs. Found out it was $0 through insurance. Those guys came to the house and were done in less than 30 mins. It's nice to have a clear window that wasnt scratched up from bad wipers and yrs of snow scraping.
Whenever I go to the quick wash, they have a spray wax, works great on the windows.

I had a new windshield put in the Firebird last week, been cracked for a couple yrs. Found out it was $0 through insurance. Those guys came to the house and were done in less than 30 mins. It's nice to have a clear window that wasnt scratched up from bad wipers and yrs of snow scraping.
Whenever I go to the quick wash, they have a spray wax, works great on the windows.
not wanting to go off conversion...
but year is your Firebird..?

IMG_20190609_122435.jpg
Mine...2000 ws6

Brush washed the truck a couple days ago. The sprayed and rinsed the excess car was wax off. Looks like a new truck again, except for a few dings that 200K + miles provides. Goes in Monday for fuel leak fix, probably a new fuel pump unit.

Brush washed the truck a couple days ago. The sprayed and rinsed the excess car was wax off. Looks like a new truck again, except for a few dings that 200K + miles provides. Goes in Monday for fuel leak fix, probably a new fuel pump unit.

I have only seen one vehicle with a access panel for changing fuel pump, I think it was a car..VW?? Should be standard these days.
Now I have seen numerous guys cut a hole in floor of box for easy access to fuel pump.

The later Silverado's and Avalanche's have the fuel tank in front of the rear axle. Any access panel would be in the rear seat, driver side, left of the drive shaft. Going to spray some PB Blaster on the strap fasteners in the morning. After a couple days soaking it should help some at least.

I worked in my BIL garage back in 92, we put a FP in a mid 80's Chrysler K-car, it had an access plug in trunk IIRC.

I put a FP in the Fireturd last summer, made my own access cover. Sealed it up with furnace foil tape

20180724_163452.jpg
20180724_170341.jpg

A lot of the electric Fuel pumps puked due to running low on fuel. People were finding it a crap shoot to get lower cost so were running rhe tanks low enough that they were running dry in curves and such.
A lot of the newer GM cars have a panal in the trunk to access the fuel pump.

I use Rain X on my windows but always felt it was harder to get frost off during that time of year when I used it.

As for keeping The front free of bugs and easy to clean any off that might stick I relay on Lucas. Lucas Slick mist speed wax. Car doesn't even need to be dry when applying, water beads up and runs off.
104_slickmist-speedwax.jpg

Used to use Lucas Slick mist tire black too. Makes the tires look like they are made of a shiny plastic once dry before driven.
257f2150-9652-4707-a06d-97db84cb44bd_1.001cabf1fc7395e37d80c5bb40b1b3d8.jpeg

But I didn't like having to clean the whitew wall strip all the time. I kept looking and asking about some thing better. I was told to buy some Pledge wood polish. Stuff makes tires shine and doesn't sling off at all.

Z0xt_0hcpIx_.JPG

:D Al

My Avalanche is in the shop now for a new fuel pump. Thought about putting in a access panel but would be more work than dropping the tank. Original pump lasted over 200K miles so probably never need another one.

Back