Drill Press Cabinet

Sawdust

Jim from Kentucky
Staff member
I didn’t want to hack Kenny’s thread about his drill press and thought Dodge Trucker or someone else might find this useful. I debated between a bench top or floor model. I came across this vintage Rockwell Delta floor model a few years ago. I built the roll away cabinet to make use of the space below. Once finished the drawers will house a more convenient and organized space for drill bits, taps, dies, sanding drums, etc.
65436F59-81B7-4238-9DAA-F904B7D5B037.png

Bill I just built a box that would wrap around the column on the inside of the cabinet. I already had a box of 16” drawer slides so I came out 16” from that box to the front for drawers. The bottom of the cabinet is above the pedestal of the drill column so it simply slides in and out.
BC69204A-F3AD-496C-89B0-728BCE8C07B2.jpeg52C3FAC8-DB96-47F9-8032-CBDD8239E4D2.jpeg

I must be the odd duck in the pond as it seems I'm moving my table up and down all the time. Your cabinet is a neat idea though.
Chris I have had to pull my cabinet out two times to drill. Although it’s not that bad I’m thinking about cutting the cabinet down and eliminating the top drawer. This would prevent me from ever having to pull the cabinet out except to clean behind it.

Back