Drive thru drive in Movie.

alleyyooper

Tractorologist
A drive thru Drive in movie. How does that work I ask?
Yesterday a spokes person for Back to the bricks announced the normal main event show that draws up to 700000 people is going to be cancled for 2020.
Some of the events for the week leading up to the main event still have car collectors in confustion.
The tune up parties it seems remains but are a drive thru event also?

Our Buick is going to stay in storage for 2020. we are not going to take it our even for a drive around the county. How ever it will come out later in the summer for a under carrage paint job.
This Fat Old Man with a under lying condition is not going to press his luck.

Al

In an attempt to salvage our tractor show / Summerfest this year, the Lion's Club came up with a few things that are safe. One of these is a drive in show. There is a place that rents an inflatable screen and the equipment to transmit the sound to your car radio. We have to get authorization with the Copywrite Board to show the movie. Well, when talking to the Board, we were informed that we could not do a drive in within 25 miles of an AMC theater! We could still do an open air show with folks sitting on the ground, but if we were charging a fee, we had to split it 50/50 with AMC. Apparently, AMC swings a lot of weight.

Locally they are doing a online show. Pro photographer takes pic of your ride and posts it along with other entrants. The admission was and is free as was food for entrants.. I'm undecided whether I bother, however they always had a great loot bag :thumbs:

I don't know of any drive in movie theaters left standing any more in this area. All been leveled out for industry or farm ground.

New drive in theatre opened in rural area few miles out of town. Last drive in theatre closed 30 years ago

Still several around this area. Of course the Duran Dirties closed in the 1990's. Only showed x , xx or xxx rated movies. But hkmes got built around the theather and law suits were brought to shut them down.

Al

Back