El Camino in the family

Lance Skene

Alberta, Canada
Apparantly my mother gets to drive nicer rods than I do.Lol

this Camino belongs to my niece's hubby who was diagnosed with a brain tumor about 5 years ago, thats him, Harley, standing behind the car and my mother in the drivers seat. 3 years ago the car was sitting in pieces but a few friends and family got together to help get it back on the road, they finished just a few months ago and Harley can still drive a little so he gets to enjoy his car.

I dont get out to Saskatchewan very often so they send pics......

mom2.jpg

Last edited:
I went to a local fest last nite.... saw a GMC version of that there, GMC called an El Camino a "Sprint"
this one was the same era as the one in the pic... judging by the grill its a 71/72.....
I didnt think GMC got into the "ute" scene, til the '73 body change......

another weird thing... I actually live on a street called "El camino"/ but I have yet to own a GM anything.....

Last time I was at that farm the red barn was stuffed with tractors... Harleys dad was quite a collector, and a fabricator, there was also 3 steam tractors... one of which he built from scratch. I think most everything has been sold off now.

Apparantly my mother gets to drive nicer rods than I do.Lol

this Camino belongs to my niece's hubby who was diagnosed with a brain tumor about 5 years ago, thats him, Harley, standing behind the car and my mother in the drivers seat. 3 years ago the car was sitting in pieces but a few friends and family got together to help get it back on the road, they finished just a few months ago and Harley can still drive a little so he gets to enjoy his car.

I dont get out to Saskatchewan very often so they send pics......

View attachment 42546
Good story Lance thanks for sharing. He sure looks happy

Mine wasn't a true El Camino. It was a basic 1984 Rampage in silver. Not the Shelby either, who would pay another $2K for that setup and the turbo? I recall the time just pulling out and some ducks were going by really low. 1 duck can take out a windshield instantly. Back then, seat belt wearing wasn't pushed too hard. I could load 10 classmates back there and cruse the town.
1632187202712.png

Back