Electric pressure washer

Toomanytoys84

Aaron
I picked up a little electric pressure washer from sams club yesterday. 2100psi and 1.6gpm . Came with 3 regular tips. A turbo tip and a foam cannon. Plus some goofy brushes I threw in the trash.

used it last night to spray the cars off. Good pressure for cleaning cars and light tractor cleaning. If you are into heavy grease or heavy cleaning of any type I’d recommend a bigger electric or a gas unit. Huge difference in power between my 3800psi gas and this 2100psi electric.

I bought it because I was tired of dragging the super heavy gas one out of the basement to hook it up. Plus it drinks fuel. This little one I can one arm carry and have my car wash supplies in the other hand.

3CD94A5D-2258-4F9C-902B-44569E1355F0.png

I had one similar to that it was handy just grab and go. I bought a nice gas Karcher several years ago mainly because I needed it to do a big job I had contracted and gave my electric one to my BIL. I miss it.

I have had several of the electric in the 1700 psi range and liked that they were handy, but never found one to last very long. I have a 2300 psi range gasoline powered one now with a honda engine, on my third pump with it though. I don't think any of them are made to last.

The best power washer I ever had (gas or electric, this one was electric) was a diesel fired steam variety. That is until it got stolen out of the shed at my parents fishing cottage over a winter, about 10 years ago. We know who it was too but could never "prove it" to the county cops of the area well enough to do anything about since they didn't personally witness anyone around there at the moment it disappeared.
I live 25 miles away and don't get out there real often. I went and put a bunch of my "warm weather stuff" out there around Halloween and when I went to retrieve it around the following easter the shed was empty.

I picked up a little electric pressure washer from sams club yesterday. 2100psi and 1.6gpm . Came with 3 regular tips. A turbo tip and a foam cannon. Plus some goofy brushes I threw in the trash.

used it last night to spray the cars off. Good pressure for cleaning cars and light tractor cleaning. If you are into heavy grease or heavy cleaning of any type I’d recommend a bigger electric or a gas unit. Huge difference in power between my 3800psi gas and this 2100psi electric.

I bought it because I was tired of dragging the super heavy gas one out of the basement to hook it up. Plus it drinks fuel. This little one I can one arm carry and have my car wash supplies in the other hand.

View attachment 55869
I did the same thing you did for the same reasons. I bought a Greenworks 2k-2100 psi and does ok. Same gpm as yours. Wouldn't want to do a house with it but its quick and easier than dragging the gas one out. Has a 25' hose which I like compared to most with 20' and very flexible. Extra 5' means a lot...

I did the same thing you did for the same reasons. I bought a Greenworks 2k-2100 psi and does ok. Same gpm as yours. Wouldn't want to do a house with it but its quick and easier than dragging the gas one out. Has a 25' hose which I like compared to most with 20' and very flexible. Extra 5' means a lot...

It definitely would not be effective for any serious cleaning. I think it’ll be great for what I want it for.

About 15 years ago I was remodeling a house and the HO was given a bid of 42K to replace a 4200 square foot wood shake roof because of a few leaks. I had told her previously it had a lot of algae and probably needed some repairs of some bad shakes. She then got a bid from another roofer for 4K to clean and stain it plus extra for the repairs. I had already been up there before. I told her I would do it all for $3800. I bought myself a Karcher 3000 with a horizontal shaft Honda and a Titan paint sprayer. Both have served me well. I otherwise would probably not spend that much on a PW but I’m glad I did. I loaned it to my SIL a couple of years ago and he complained about it not working right the water would shut off at the wand. It sounds like vapor lock from what I have researched. I’ve been wanting to replace the wand but haven’t yet.

We have a couple of electric ones at work and I feel like I can get better pressure out of a garden hose with my thumb over the end---LOL! As usual the parts guy buys the cheapest piece of crap that he can find though. We have a nice stationary one too but obviously we have to take the stuff we want to wash to it.

At 2100 psi Aaron the one you bought isn't a lot less than a gas powered one we bought at our Sears store (which is now gone) many years ago.
This one is 2700 psi. It does a good job but the tips are getting worn out. I froze the pump once and found a new one at an ebay store. I remember to blow the pump out for winter after that!

I think your electric should do you a good job!

DAC

Pressure washer 003.jpg

Back