Fall change over for the PK 1620

MNGB

Tractorologist
Hi, got the 1620 into the shop removed the deck checked that over good sharpened and balanced the blades greased the center spindle and put into winter storage, so it was to check over the tractor late last fall the mechanical Kohler fuel pump failed so I installed an electric fuel pump temporarily well that turned into almost a year and about mid summer on hot days after mowing and the engine was warmed up good it would flood when restarting then it got so it didn't want to stay running at low idle, I figured the electric fuel pump was over powering the needle seat and letting fuel into the manifold so I bought a new fuel pump and carb off e bay. So now was the time to replace the bad fuel pump well on a Kohler M20 its not the easiest job had to remove the engine cooling tins on the left side turns out this was one of the dirtiest engines I've seen in awhile so I removed all the cooling tins and washed the engine down with solvent got it pretty clean removed the old fuel pump and installed the new one cranked the engine to make sure it would pump and pump it did so installed the hoses cooling tins and started the engine what a difference runs and idles like it should using the old carb found the muffler end cap was loose and rattling got the end cap crimp tightened up using a vise grips and now its running nice and quite. Came into the shop this morning and started the engine and it started and runs so nice now. I've switched to electric pumps on Onans and other engines with no problems but the Kohler carbs don't seem to like it

HPIM2238.JPGHPIM2239.JPG

Last edited:
Back